Football Programmes Centre

Blackburn Shirts Help
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blackburn Shirts Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 am 
Post subject: Blackburn Shirts Help

Hi I am looking to find this shirt worn by Blackburn in the 1992/93 season can't find it anywhere or any information about it? Can anyone help?

Also looking for information on the lettering and numbering worn on the home Blackburn rovers kit in 1992/93 is this official?

Thanks

Shane
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

The yellow(ish) shirt was the third kit that season and from memory wasn't available for purchase... As for the numbering I can't remember to be honest although I would of thought the Asics would of been on the bottom of the number, not the top.
goodison

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

I think squad number and names on the shirts only started for the 1993/4 season, teams just used the standard 1 to 11 with no names during the 1992/3 season.
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 am 
Post subject:

blackburncollector wrote:
The yellow(ish) shirt was the third kit that season and from memory wasn't available for purchase... As for the numbering I can't remember to be honest although I would of thought the Asics would of been on the bottom of the number, not the top.

Thanks have you ever seen the third kit for sale anywhere?
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:14 am 
Post subject:

goodison wrote:
I think squad number and names on the shirts only started for the 1993/4 season, teams just used the standard 1 to 11 with no names during the 1992/3 season.

Yes in highlights from the opening game v Crystal Palace I can only see numbers but from reading on a website it states that clubs started using name and numbers in the 1992/93 season so I'm wondering if this started later on in the season for Blackburn or if they just used numbers? Looks like I'll have to get the season review and try make out when they started Laughing
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

AJLFC85 wrote:
blackburncollector wrote:

Thanks have you ever seen the third kit for sale anywhere?

No, but if I ever do I'll be trying to buy it Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: