Football Programmes Centre

norton woodseats v pegasus 1960
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
norton woodseats v pegasus 1960

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:04 am 
Post subject: norton woodseats v pegasus 1960

today at the Sheffield auction gallery they had a Norton woodseats v Pegasus 1960 fa amateur cup 2nd round single sheet programme and was estimated at 20-30 but went for about £1000 is this the right price or not. http://www.the-saleroom.com/en.....c400d39072
WBA57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41 am 
Post subject:

I thought it went for £2,100 ??
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:54 am 
Post subject:

According to their website now it was £2100.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 am 
Post subject:

Wow, so there were at least two people willing to pay a couple of grand for it!

Would anyone like to guess what makes it so sought after? Is one of the clubs really hard to collect or was it a historic game for some reason?

Was Peter Bonetti playing?
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:19 pm 
Post subject:

Pegasus played in Oxford before folding, it was more than likely the two Headington/Oxford collectors going head to head again
bjm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:09 pm 
Post subject: Pegasus prog.

The Pegasus v Norton Woodseats 1960 programme was certainly a surprising price - makes me wonder if the purchaser might be interesred in a single sheet FA Amateur Cup 2nd rnd 2nd replay at Sheffield Wednesday on Wed 11 Feb 1959 between Pegasus v Bishop Auckland?
If so, I have a programme in good condition that they would be quite welome to for much less than they paid for the other one.
BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:05 pm 
Post subject:

I listened to that part of the auction as I was interested in the same programme, and was going to bid. I was totally gobsmacked at the price for a rough typed single sheet Amateur Cup match !!

I have the single sheet for the round before (Norton Woodseats v Bishop Auckland) which is the same typed format as the Pegasus one. I was hoping that the two bidders were Norton Woodseats collectors - but somehow I have the same feeling that they were bidding because of Pegasus not because of a small amateur Sheffield club !!!

Oh well - I will put that cruise on hold and keep the single sheet tucked up in my non-league collection - it is one of my favourites so more than happy to keep it !!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/7574496020/in/album-72157630585650064/
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:12 pm 
Post subject:

BarnsleyCollector wrote:
I listened to that part of the auction as I was interested in the same programme, and was going to bid. I was totally gobsmacked at the price for a rough typed single sheet Amateur Cup match !!

I have the single sheet for the round before (Norton Woodseats v Bishop Auckland) which is the same typed format as the Pegasus one. I was hoping that the two bidders were Norton Woodseats collectors - but somehow I have the same feeling that they were bidding because of Pegasus not because of a small amateur Sheffield club !!!

Oh well - I will put that cruise on hold and keep the single sheet tucked up in my non-league collection - it is one of my favourites so more than happy to keep it !!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/7574496020/in/album-72157630585650064/

Hi Barnsley

I sent you an email via Flickr yesterday and also a PM-can you get back to me after you have read the contents please to [email protected]

Thanks

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Maidonian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

Home and away Pegasus programmes in early rounds of the Amateur Cup and other competitions are highly collectable. There was a thread on the club a few years back...

http://www.footballprogrammece.....asus#79125
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:06 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:

Was Peter Bonetti playing?

Very Happy Clap Laughing
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for replies. Woodseats has to be one of the best names ever.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: