Football Programmes Centre

Hello!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue-Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:42 pm 
Post subject: Hello!

Hi guys,

Brand new to this forum. Just a quick post to let you all know I have a stack of Glasgow Rangers programmes for sale mainly from the 80s and Scotland programmes from the late 70s/early 80s.

I've been given the task to get rid of them from my old man as they are just sitting in boxes and maybe some of the collectors on here will be looking for some of them to add to fill in the gaps in their collections.

Il maybe start off with a post on the correct thread letting you know the kind of programmes I have.

Regards

Max
hydemaine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:35 pm 
Post subject: Hi

Welcome Max.

Good luck in your quest.

Regards

Dave.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Max, your problem will be identifying which programmes might be valuable in your collection. Very few modern programmes are worth much more than pennies to most collectors, and dealers are only interested in those they can punt quickly. Scotland home internationals from the 70's and 80's fall into this category, although if you have the tickets one or two of them can be collectable - but mainly in Europe.

Rangers are similar, albeit there's a few postponed issues and championship winning ones as well that sometimes hit the jackpot. If you have a list it might be worth putting it up on here, but Rangers fans are few and far between on here. Have you tried the Rangers Programme and Memorabilia Facebook page? Probably your best bet.

Last edited by Auchinleckian on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue-Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks guys, il give that Facebook page a look and take on board your comments. Thanks

Max
hibernian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:04 pm 
Post subject:

Your joking John, Eck and a few others frequent the forum Very Happy
You are correct though. Apart from maybe a couple of postponed issues they are 5p an issue ???
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

Trouble is, it's very arrare indeed to find really good Scottish stuff on here, due no doubt to the lack of Scots folk using the forum. I remember a lovely Highland League collection coming up on here about 8 years back from the 40's through to the early 60's. Unfortunately it was from a guy who was a new poster and I was going on holiday the day after it posted so couldn't go and view. Took the plunge and bought 40 of them on his word only. Great programmes when I received them. Unfortunately, the rest of them ended up with a well known Scottish dealer whilst I was away.

You'll be the same with Hibs stuff. Believe it or not, despite supporting Scotland's biggest club - Auchinleck Talbot - I've never had a sniff of anything regarding them! Crying or Very sad
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Hi Max, your problem will be identifying which programmes might be valuable in your collection. Very few modern programmes are worth much more than pennies to most collectors, and dealers are only interested in those they can punt quickly. Scotland home internationals from the 70's and 80's fall into this category, although if you have the tickets one or two of them can be collectable - but mainly in Europe.

Rangers are similar, albeit there's a few postponed issues and championship winning ones as well that sometimes hit the jackpot. If you have a list it might be worth putting it up on here, but Rangers fans are few and far between on here. Have you tried the Rangers Programme and Memorabilia Facebook page? Probably your best bet.

You are correct with this one. Seems to be many more on there buying and selling the more common issues. I'd think they will definitely shift there faster than this forum.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: