Football Programmes Centre

Whats everyones age and how long have you been collecting?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whats everyones age and how long have you been collecting?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:19 pm 
Post subject: Whats everyones age and how long have you been collecting?

I thought I would be one of the youngest collectors on here at 24 until one of the new memebers said they were 16!!! Shocked

I have been collecting since 2000 on a match by match basis but only started properly collecting about 6 months ago.

Im not expecting many replies on the age front!! Laughing

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: Whats everyones age and how long have you been collectin

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:
I thought I would be one of the youngest collectors on here at 24 until one of the new memebers said they were 16!!! Shocked

I have been collecting since 2000 on a match by match basis but only started properly collecting about 6 months ago.

Im not expecting many replies on the age front!! Laughing

Well lets just say im a little older than you.

Im new to collecting (About 4 months for me) but its coming along. I have the bulk of the common items for WWFC so now I can start to pick off the rare items. I attend all the games (Well most of the aways) so have help from the programme seller at the groud and between this forum and e-bay have made a few good friends which has helped bulk out my collection.

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

25 me you... You will find such a wide range of ages on here from teenagers to a few collectors in their 60s - it really is strange how everyone from all walks of life comes together on here.

As for my collecting i collected when i was a teenager but then stopped for about 10 years and started up again last November. Ive added thousands of programmes to my collection since then via a bulk purchase of a full collection but also bought loads of programmes off ebay and here in the last year too... Lots more to go though! Laughing
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 am 
Post subject:

I'm 29, and have been collecting for 4 years now. My collection started off when a friend's father died and he had a boxful of Burnley programmes. My friend wasn't interested in football, but knew that I was, so he passed them to me, and it just started off from there!
surfinjim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:58 am 
Post subject:

I'm a very tired 40!

Collected as a kid, completely random programmes. Moved out of my parents, left the programmes in there loft. Went to get them about 3 years later and my old man had binned them! Shocked

Started buying to sell on about 18 months ago, but gradually found the urge to collect again myself.

Only collect Wednesday v Foreign opps at Hillsborough between 1950-1972, and Neutral/Rep games at Hillsborough 1946-1972. Once I've finished these, or they become impossible to find, I'll build on my collection of games at Old Wembley. The period from about 1954-1962 ish with the iconic green and white cover!

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
eighteen74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 am 
Post subject:

41 and been collecting since I was in my teens.

What is pleasing about the replies so far is that I believe there is a view amongst those who have been collecting a long time that there is no new blood coming into the hobby and that the internet age has killed off programme collecting. Even the very few replies to this thread so far tend to dispel that idea which is extremely encouraging.

GC
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:41 am 
Post subject:

32, started collecting Forest programmes when I was around 12 or 13, and like a lot of people it drifted off when women and alcohol became more important! It's only really been the last year that I've got back in to it after finding all my old programmes at my mums house back in Nottingham.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
stodin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 am 
Post subject:

I am 36. I started collecting when I was about 14 and had a break of 10 years or so. I dip in and out of the hobby though and have spurts of collecting, buying to sell and selling off parts of my collection. Current time constraints means I dont dedicate much time to it.

Sad
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm 
Post subject:

I don't know why Craig, but my post seems to have been deleted?! I posted just below you, and its gone!

Anyway, I'm 39 in a couple of weeks, and I've been collecting for about 6 years. I started collecting because I wanted something to commemorate my support for Forest. I actually applied to Forest for some shares in the 90's, but thankfully I sent the cheque off too late and missed out, because they're now worth nothing!! That got me thinking about collecting something, and then several years later, started collecting programmes. Nice to see to other Trickies on here, YOU REDS!!

Last edited by ForestMick on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

Aged 28 and a half!!!

Been collecting since around the age of 14 although it has taken off in the past 3 years or so since i completed my studies.

Have well and truly been bitten by the bug...

|

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
smk06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

I'm similar to KCS. Been collecting since the mid 90s (I'm now 2Cool but got a lot of my collection when I was in my teens and regularly watching Derby.

Seriously started trying to fill the gaps in my collection 3-4 years ago and making decent progress!
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

I am fifteen but i will be sixteen in a couple of weeks time. I have been collecting programmes for a few months, i have about one hundred and thirty mainlt Wba home and away and Nantwich. I have a few cup final programmes as well, i buy some at Crewe Alex programme shop a pound for a pack which is a about ten and hundreds of overs.
smk06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure what that odd emoticon is doing there! It should read 'I'm 28'.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

Well I've just turned 50, I'm an Albion fan and have been since conception. The only programmes I look to collect are Albion testimonials but because I also trade in football memorabilia I also accumulate a lot of programmes. All the Albion one that come my way I put aside and one day I'll sort all those boxes out. I already know I've put most the important one from the last 60 years in there and I also have the fanzines too.

I also tend to collect anything to do with Jeff Astle and anything unusal.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:25 am 
Post subject:

I have some 77/78 Bolton homes with my name written on them as part of a display I did at primary school on a hobby so i was interested in football and programmes at a young age.
I collected the homes and aways plus all major finals throughout the 1980s and then left home and lost interest in collecting.
After an 11 year period of just keeping programmes from games i attended,it was through becoming aware of the collecting scene on the internet around 2001 that i started again.

For about 18 months I spent most cash on major finals programmes but came to realise that i was more interested in Bolton's history and decided to concentrate on post war Bolton homes.Plus any interesting aways that come along.They are generally friendlies esp foreign ones and minor cup competitions.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 am 
Post subject:

73, dont know if that makes me the oldest on here or not.
Just got programmes from the Wolves games I went to from 57/58 when I got out of the army and could follow every week. A few others before that too, but I didn't consider myself a collector until about 3 years ago when I retired and decided to sort out the huge boxes of programmes i had accumulated over the years. Have filled in most aways from 57/58 to 80/81, after that theres quite a few still missing.
Do have every competitive home game since 57/58 though, and many friendlies too.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 am 
Post subject:

Old enough to know better..

I could set it as a puzzle... I was 2 when Everton won the league for the 6th time and 9 when they won it for the 7th time..
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 am 
Post subject:

It makes me feel old when I see some of the ages on here, some of you are younger than my 2 kids.
Saw my first Leicester game at the age of 10 at the old Filbert Street, when we beat Everton 3-1, we were 3rd in the old Division 1 then, we could have done the double that season but ended up 4th and lost the F A Cup Final to Man Utd after being favourites to win it. Unfortunately it has been mostly downhill since then, but in those days you didn't pick your team to support it was picked for you.
Started collecting about 25 years ago, but at the minute am cutting back on collecting and selling some of them off, mainly because a lot of my progs never see the light of day now and I have enjoyed it, its probably time for others to, although some of the rarer ones like 1949 Cup final etc, I will keep hold off.
Suppose I am lucky that my wife is interested in football and my 2 kids are and they go to watch Leicester (You have to bring them up properly).
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
Saw my first Leicester game at the age of 10 at the old Filbert Street, when we beat Everton 3-1,

You must remember those years when Everton and Leicester nearly always ended in a draw..
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 am 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
foxes1 wrote:
Saw my first Leicester game at the age of 10 at the old Filbert Street, when we beat Everton 3-1,

You must remember those years when Everton and Leicester nearly always ended in a draw..

Yes remember a few games v Everton 1968 when you knocked us out the cup at Filbo Sad , I can remember a game at Goodison when you beat us 7-1 Crying or Very sad , and we started singing were gonna win 8-7, also a ZDS game at Filbo which we won in front of a crowd of over 13000 unheard of for a game in that cup Clap .
Those were the days standing on a cold wet terrace, no prawn sandwiches then only Bovril.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: