Football Programmes Centre

devil991 (brentside programmes)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
devil991 (brentside programmes)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdy11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm 
Post subject: devil991 (brentside programmes)

Hi All,

I recently asked for a number of items to be invoiced on eBay from devil991 who I believe is run by Allison Ward of Brentside Programmes. I then noticed they listed a lot more so asked to see if I could have more invoiced for only for the items to be cancelled and find myself blocked!

I have tried to phone the number and email her to find out why especially as I was gearing up to spend a fair few hundred of my hard earned pounds but can't seem to get a reply.

Ironically I completed a successful deal with them over eBay only 2 weeks ago.

Am I missing something? I used to deal with Chris many times at fairs in the past and have dealt with them over eBay many times. Does anyone else have a contact number for them? I'm just trying to find out where it went wrong.

Many thanks for any help.
slightfold

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

At the risk of sounding trite, they say if you make a deal with the devil you will get burned!
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

I had a similar problem with another big dealer.

The programme I received was not as described. I returned it as they said they offered a full refund if not satisfied and in return they blocked me! They said the reason was that I had not tried to resolve the problem before returning it. They reversed the block.

As with your problem it seems a very strange way to attract business. I hope you can get your problem resolved.
wdy11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Martino, I just find it strange to completely block me without any communication especially as I regularly buy things from their eBay store. I've even tried to call to resolve the situation.
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

wdy11 wrote:
Thanks Martino, I just find it strange to completely block me without any communication especially as I regularly buy things from their eBay store. I've even tried to call to resolve the situation.

Have you tried to message her via E Bay?
wdy11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

I have emailed however you can't message someone after they block you, I know that having tried!
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:50 pm 
Post subject: Prog

Would you like me to contact them via eBay on your behalf?
Pm details and I am happy to give it a go...
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

Last edited by Posh1959 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Spireitenag1955

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

Had the same problem with her a couple of years ago when further stuff was listed after I'd already paid for an order.
Mobile number listed for contact doesn't exist.
Rang Chris who politely told me his Missus ran the ebay side of things and he couldn't help.
Needless to say I never got a reply off her and she lost a sale of a couple of hundred quid.
wdy11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah Chris said the same to me, but if I had a customer trying to spend potential thousand pounds with me I'd tell the wife!!
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

Last edited by Posh1959 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:34 pm 
Post subject:

Got a refund from Ally just last week for an item that was incorrectly listed. No problems at all Smile

I haven't been back yet to see if I'm blocked Sad
Telfordfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 am 
Post subject:

The flat rate of £2.00 postage is the most expensive on ebay. Brought a programme for the 1960's weight well under 100gs, charged £2.00 for a 1st class stamp. Won't buy from them again.
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

I had a similar problem to some of the others mentioned above, I bought 3 reserve single sheets on buy it nows, each one had to be paid for immediately so no chance to combine postage, which meant I paid £4.50 postage for the 3 of them, they all arrived together with just a 1st class stamp on the envelope. When I enquired about a refund for the excess postage I didn't get a reply but did get blocked from buying/bidding on any of their other items.
Kinda ironic the day after I got an email from them informing me their website had been updated!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm 
Post subject:

It very much sounds like you do not want to deal with them and instead take your custom elsewhere.

Some of the examples above are a shocking way to do business.
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Brentside

I recently bought a few reasonably expensive tickets and a day later a couple of reserve programmes. They were all posted together and sent special delivery but I was charged £9.50 post which was excessive. Having heard from others on the forum there seems no point in questionong this!!!! The items, however, were good.
Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

goodison wrote:
I had a similar problem to some of the others mentioned above, I bought 3 reserve single sheets on buy it nows, each one had to be paid for immediately so no chance to combine postage, which meant I paid £4.50 postage for the 3 of them, they all arrived together with just a 1st class stamp on the envelope. When I enquired about a refund for the excess postage I didn't get a reply but did get blocked from buying/bidding on any of their other items. Kinda ironic the day after I got an email from them informing me their website had been updated!

As an alternative method when buying, I've found that if you place multiple items from the same seller in your basket, (even if they are buy it nows), then click onto the tab titled 'Request total from seller', the seller will send an invoice usually with combined p&p. To be fair to Alison she has combined postage for me when purchasing team sheets this way.
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
As an alternative method when buying, I've found that if you place multiple items from the same seller in your basket, (even if they are buy it nows), then click onto the tab titled 'Request total from seller', the seller will send an invoice usually with combined p&p.

Useful to know, didn't realise you could do that for buy it nows that require immediate payment, thanks for the advice Thumbs Up
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 pm 
Post subject:

goodison wrote:
Quote:
As an alternative method when buying, I've found that if you place multiple items from the same seller in your basket, (even if they are buy it nows), then click onto the tab titled 'Request total from seller', the seller will send an invoice usually with combined p&p.

Useful to know, didn't realise you could do that for buy it nows that require immediate payment, thanks for the advice Thumbs Up

But that only works if the seller will accept multiple postal charges, in other words they will reduce the individual rates per item to just one rate to post all items together. I tried this the other day when i won 2 items from the same seller and did just that only to to get rejected within 2 seconds saying the seller does not accept this, so when i paid i told the seller if you are charging me twice then i want it recorded delivery-which is how it eventually arrived. But there was no where on the auction a mention that the seller will not combine items!. Hope this helps Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:39 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
goodison wrote:
Quote:

But that only works if the seller will accept multiple postal charges, in other words they will reduce the individual rates per item to just one rate to post all items together. I tried this the other day when i won 2 items from the same seller and did just that only to to get rejected within 2 seconds saying the seller does not accept this, so when i paid i told the seller if you are charging me twice then i want it recorded delivery-which is how it eventually arrived. But there was no where on the auction a mention that the seller will not combine items!. Hope this helps Wave

Regarding devil991 - never had a problem myself. Always used the request total tab and gone from there.

I have found on a few occaissions when I have come across Leslie's scenario a 'Contact the seller' and ask if they combine postage has come up with the appropriate discount.

The reason that this comes up is probably part of the listing hasn't been ticked or whatever - missed or on purpose.............
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: