Football Programmes Centre

Hearts 1963 genuine autographs?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hearts 1963 genuine autographs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 pm 
Post subject: Hearts 1963 genuine autographs?

It's a wet day today hence the questions
Thanks for any help
Anyone know if these look genuine?
Thank you

Eck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:03 pm 
Post subject:

I recoginise a few names, Haffey, Barry,Chalmers,Divers, all of them Celtic. The Steve Chalmers one is suspect and Divers signed his name John Divers although he could possibly sign it Johnny for a fan, also over the years players perfect their signatures so they could be genuine.
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:11 pm 
Post subject: Autos

Thanks Eck
I had discounted them as fake but perhaps not all are?
Cheers for the reply.
marooned11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:01 pm 
Post subject: Hearts/Celtic signatures

Hi,
It is also a wet night in Glasgow so, somewhat belatedly, I am putting pen to paper (metaphorically speaking ) to help you determine whether the signatures on the Hearts v Celtic programme are genuine or not.
I am 99.9 per cent certain that they are not genuine.Apart from the fact that they have a certain similarity I have a printed sheet of Hearts' autographs from that season and the autographs on that sheet are nothing like those on the front of your programme. If you would like to compare the signatures I would be quite happy to email you my sheet if you send me your address.
It is a really wet night in Glasgow so it is not hard for me to think back to that season. It was a season of triumph. A League Cup Final victory
over Kilmarnock gave grounds for optimism in the League. Inspired by the incomparable skills of Willie Hamilton and the goals of Willie Wallace, for a time, Hearts seemed genuine title contenders. Unfortunately, a porous defence- two five goal defeats to Rangers and a 7-3 defeat to St,Mirren - ensured that Hearts could finish no higher than fifth.
On the front of your programme older Hearts' supporters will recognise one of the truly great Hearts' players of the 60's...Davie Holt. I am glad to report that Davie is still alive and well. He is waiting for a hip operation which, hopefully, will allow him to return to the golf course. He does attend social functions at Tynecastle but prefers to go to Hampden to see Queen's Park where, for Davie ,it all began.
It would be difficult to find a better man than Davie Holt. He is kind, modest and gracious, proud of and grateful for all he has achieved.
I am sorry to have gone on so much but I did tell you it was a really wet night in Glasgow.
Derek.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:16 pm 
Post subject: Prig

Cheers sir! Greetings from a wet Surrey too!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm 
Post subject: Re: Prig

holtie96 wrote:
Cheers sir! Greetings from a wet AND WINDY!!! Surrey too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: