Football Programmes Centre

Old Blackpool teamsheets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Old Blackpool teamsheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Team Sheet Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenners46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:46 pm 
Post subject: Old Blackpool teamsheets

Question for Blackpool supporters, I bought some programmes recently and jut going through some from 1973-74 and some team sheets fell out of the ones stamped complimentary, all on the same coloured paper but varying sizes...I will add one here shortly are these common or shall I book my Caribbean cruise now (probably about 5-6 in total)[/url]
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

Don't book that cruise just yet kenners.

The complimentary programmes, as you would expect, where given out in the Directors and Press boxes.

Each programme had a teamsheet inserted and it is likely that my Dad who was chief steward on the Directors Box at that time, would have put the ones in your programmes.

Teamsheets were introduced for the 1st time in 73/4 season and my records show that the game against Sheffield Wednesday on 1/1/74 was the first time they were used.

If you have one from earlier in the season (or against Cardiff, PNE or Hull) please drop me a PM.

Regards value, that's anybody's guess really.

I have tried to sell them in the past with little interest.

They are fairly scarce though but the demand for them is very limited from Blackpool collectors.

If you have one of the top collectable clubs as the opponent on any of them you may attract a few £ on ebay but don't bank on it.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

Sadly there are not many teamsheet collectors about. I picked up a Blackpool one for their mid 70s league cup match vs arsenal and it cost me about a quid on ebay with no other bidders. Good luck with them as I like collecting them along with the prog and ticket but generally most are £1-£2 except cup finals which might be £3 or £4.
kenners46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info.
Oh well, guess the kids will have to starve for another week or so till I hit the jackpot.
I have sent you a PM bispham
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Team Sheet Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: