Football Programmes Centre

Another F A Cup pay day for Salford City
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another F A Cup pay day for Salford City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 pm 
Post subject: Another F A Cup pay day for Salford City

I see BBC are showing live coverage of the Salford v Hartlepool F A Cup match.

Two rounds and two live matches; can't be right when there are other more interesting ties.

If Salford win then wait for the third round draw - I suppose a Salford v Manchester United tie would also be shown live.
Smile
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:48 pm 
Post subject:

Ties in nicely with the TV series though doesn't it. Lots will be interested just to see the tea lady interviewed etc.

And their 1st round game was great tv.

I'd like to see lots more of the interesting games shown on tv, maybe as many as 4 live games one after another on the Sunday but sadly the slots that can be filled are limited.
Telfordfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:38 am 
Post subject:

I'm happy the Salford game is live on the BBC. They can spend the money on doing up the ground for when we go there next season.
Only Welling v Carlisle was the possible alternative.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Just don't get the apparent resentment about Salford City on the forum with regards to television coverage.

Are they not entitled to a bit of exposure?

Is it their fault they beat Notts County, and landed another potential upset?

What the television programme has done over the pennines in Sheffield has got people talking about non-league football, made people more aware, that can only be good, can't it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

Surely the BBC will look at the tie that will get them the biggest audience and choose that one, like it or not, that will be the Salford game due to the Man Utd interest.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: Another F A Cup pay day for Salford City

martino wrote:
If Salford win then wait for the third round draw - I suppose a Salford v Manchester United tie would also be shown live.
Smile

Can you imagine the hype for that one.

Headline news on the BBC and Sky Sports every day leading up to the tie.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

I have no problem with what other forum members are saying.

Yes, Salford played well and it is their good fortune that they have drawn a home time against Jeff Stelling's mob.

My only point is that there are equally deserving non league Clubs who have made it to the second round so to pick Salford two rounds running is to the detriment of at least one other non league Club.

Just a view.
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
My only point is that there are equally deserving non league Clubs who have made it to the second round so to pick Salford two rounds running is to the detriment of at least one other non league Club.

On that point I do agree, as a regular watcher of games on TV I do enjoy seeing different teams and grounds, so always enjoy the first 2 rounds of the FA Cup when teams that usually wouldn't get any coverage get shown.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
I have no problem with what other forum members are saying.

Yes, Salford played well and it is their good fortune that they have drawn a home time against Jeff Stelling's mob.

Just a view.

And a good one Martin.....Salford had their "day in the sun" against Notts County (and the money that came from it!)........why hasn't another another non league club been given the opportunity to earn some much needed revenue in the 2nd Round? Smacks of bias...... Sad
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

As a Notts County fan I think last Fridays game ahould be declared null and void Razz
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

Yeovil v Stevenage would have created a little interest.
Giantkillers from years gone by against the new manager who scored in the final?

Also, screening Northamprton would have been a nice touch with their financial problems.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

Even though it hurts to say it I think Chesham should have been shown. They beat us away from home and deserve to get some of the tv money. Salford don't need it as they have plenty coming in.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

Local derby, two of the best sides in League One........

Rochdale v Bury anyone?

If I lived in the NW I'd be there, adding to the likely 3,000 gate. Is that the live game on at Sunday lunchtime?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Rochdale v Bury anyone?

If I lived in the NW I'd be there, adding to the likely 3,000 gate. Is that the live game on at Sunday lunchtime?

Great minds, Pete?
That was my pick of the 2nd Round draw too.

Memorable football experiences come in all shapes and sizes and one of mine was over 30 years ago at Spotland on a very wet midweek afternoon watching Rochdale reserves play I can't-remember-who.
Just me and about a dozen others in the main stand. And they were all well past retirement age.
There was no entrance fee - I just wandered in through the one open gate.
No programme and no catering either....but I got chatting to one of the old codgers ("from Aberdeen? What you doing here, you daft bugger?") and he found a plastic cup and gave me a coffee from his flask.
If it had been a classic 5-5 draw that would,somehow, have seemed inappropriate for the circumstances...rain, mist, mud...so it felt apt that it ended 0-0 and everyone trooped out of the ground looking glum and not saying a word.
See, to me THAT'S football - not the hi-energy Premier League "brand" of nowadays played on perfect pitches with every move dissected to death by the world media..
Rain, mud, glum faces and a goalless draw.
Bloody marvellous Smile
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:35 am 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Rochdale v Bury anyone?

they will get around 6000 packed in to Spotland-maybe even a few more?

IMO this is a good local Greater Manchester Derby-but that is it, the other one has been chosen because apart from Salford earning the right to be there, but this fairy tale just happens to have ingredients that will make headline news if they get thru and then it will be about getting the big boys and all that stuff-probably end up at Southend and go out with a whimper-but they would get on the telly again![no disrespect to Southend but it was the first name that I thought off and I do not even know if they are still in there-suspect not!]

I hope they beat Hartlepool and keep going on until the bubble bursts-even if they do get knocked out it has put Salford City on the map for ALL the right reasons, FC United on the other hand would have to be miffed for sure. I suspect HARTLEPOOL ARE NEVER GOING TO HAVE A GREATER INCENTIVE TO GET TO THE 3RD ROUND as the "Romance" of the FA Cup still exists and the majority of the neutrals want Salford to win
unless they hate Man U! Laughing

Wave
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:47 am 
Post subject:

Yes, all that - so is the Dale v Bury 12:00 Sunday kick off therefore on live terrestrial TV, please?
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:43 pm 
Post subject:

Yes it's on at midday on Sunday the 6th but it is on BT Sport.

It looks like BBC are only getting the one game at the moment and BT Sport 2 games.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: