Football Programmes Centre

everton youth programmes-help needed
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
everton youth programmes-help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creativeboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 am 
Post subject: everton youth programmes-help needed

Can anybody throw any light on these two single sheet programmes please
Info such as date,tournament,reason for the game

The first one is Wrexham v Everton
Date unknown
competition unknown

the second one is England Youth v Everton Youth which is noted as switching to the Tower Ground,New Brighton at very short notice due to the water-logged state of Goodison Park
Date unknown

Thanks
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:35 am 
Post subject:

I am guessing 1965 or 1966 based on Richie Reynolds playing as his entry on Greens on Screen shows a league debut in 1965 followed by Youth caps

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-players2.asp?pid=694&scp=1,2,3,4,5,6,7
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

Everton won the FA Youth Cup in 1965 and presumably as winners were invited to play against the England Youth team.

This was most likely to be in the autumn of 1965 but no doubt the Everton lads on here will know for definite.
goodison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

For the England Youth game, the Everton line up is the same 11 that played in the 1st leg of the 64-5 Final against Arsenal, so it does look like a game that the cup winners played, not sure of a date though.
The Wrexham one looks to be a season or two after that, Joe Royle is at 8 and he made 2 first team appearances in 1966-7, Alan Tarbuck is only mentioned on Wikipedia as being at Everton for the 66-7 season so I would guess that would be the year, again not sure on date - I know Everton played Man Utd in the Youth Cup that season, but not sure if they played any rounds before that.
I'll check my reserve/youth teamsheets when I get home to see if the rest of the players match up to a particular year.
andy1966

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 am 
Post subject:

Everton played Wrexham in 65-66 Youth Cup, Wrexham won, think the date was 4th December 65. not sure about the England one, but would have been similar time as has already been said holders played England youth.

Never seen these items before, envious now !
creativeboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

thanks for the help
creativeboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

just a final update on this topic for any Everton,Wrexham or England youth collectors
Both England Youth v Everton Youth and Wrexham Youth v Everton Youth are mentioned in the programme of Everton v Sunderland on 4/12/1965.
The Wrexham game is noted as the first round of the youth cup taking place that day ie 4/12/1965 in Wales
Nobody appears to have evr seen a programme for this game
The England game is down for the following Tuesday ie 7/12/1965.As the New Brighton programme shows it was a very late switch to New Brighton.
Another very rare and apparently unseen programme

Thanks to thoie that took the time to offer help
Much appreciated
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: