Football Programmes Centre

Dedicated autograph's in books
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dedicated autograph's in books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docsredarmymufc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:55 pm 
Post subject: Dedicated autograph's in books

Hi everyone

I have 2 signed Sir Alex Feguson signed items,the first is a club issued brochure around 1996 "Old Trafford the theatre of dreams".
The other is a copy of his book "Managing my life"around 2000...
They both have dedicated autographs in,the one on the book is especially clear on white front pages.
I am selling as I concentrate on United items from 1974-77...would I be better removing the autographs and mounting under pictures of Sir Alex or keeping them as they are?
Any advice appreciated,thank you for your time.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

I'd say leave them as they are. Might be someone with the same name as you that wants them one day!!
oldbolt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:02 am 
Post subject:

I think they'd be best kept as they are.

Alex Ferguson autographs shot up in price at the time he retired but have now settled down to pre retirement levels.Id have thought £14.99 to £19.99 would be a realistic price for the books now. If you started auctions at 99p i don't think they'd get that high.

Its a morbid thing to say but in the vast majority of cases of high profile figures the value will shoot up at the time he passes on!
docsredarmymufc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 am 
Post subject:

oldbolt wrote:
I think they'd be best kept as they are.

Alex Ferguson autographs shot up in price at the time he retired but have now settled down to pre retirement levels.Id have thought £14.99 to £19.99 would be a realistic price for the books now. If you started auctions at 99p i don't think they'd get that high.

Its a morbid thing to say but in the vast majority of cases of high profile figures the value will shoot up at the time he passes on!

No doubt aged 90 + 5 years Clap
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Autograph Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: