Football Programmes Centre

After 8 League Games Played ......
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After 8 League Games Played ......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:50 am 
Post subject:

Unfortunately, due to my location, I was not able to attend the Tuesday match against Boreham Wood, but I had feedback on the wonderful support both from Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle supporters who attended the match. Of course this was in response to our support to both of these teams when they were in trouble. Non other the less, I would personally like to thank them, even a small thank you gesture through this forum. Of course we can't rely on their support through the remainder of the season.
I just wish the people at the top would be more open as to what the position of the club really is, as they stated they would at the beginning of the season.
Paul Cox, in my opinion, was not the right choice of manager, and as I keep on saying, 'if he was any good, then he would have been picked up by another club, and he would not have been out of work for six or seven months prior to being appointed manager'. But who else was there??? He was at least good to have taken on the mammoth task of survival, rather than winning anything this season and on an expenses only type of payment. We now have no youth policy, inexperienced players, fans who are leaving in their droves (as if we had droves to lose!!!), directors who are leaving left,right and centre and stuck in a Division that is simply awful to get out of, with so many ex-league clubs, with money and desperate to get League status back. Even fans are turning on each other, judging by reading the forums.
Matters are really gloomy and desperate and I don't see any way out. Its going to be a very long season indeed.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

Off to our best start in years. Lost our first league game last week so it will be interesting to see how we go tomorrow.
We have a very young squad, a positive Manager so its all good so far, long may it continue, would love to get back into the Championship, whether we're good enough remains to be seen.
bigearl79

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

Grumpypants wrote:
Unfortunately, due to my location, I was not able to attend the Tuesday match against Boreham Wood, but I had feedback on the wonderful support both from Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle supporters who attended the match. Of course this was in response to our support to both of these teams when they were in trouble. Non other the less, I would personally like to thank them, even a small thank you gesture through this forum. Of course we can't rely on their support through the remainder of the season.
I just wish the people at the top would be more open as to what the position of the club really is, as they stated they would at the beginning of the season.
Paul Cox, in my opinion, was not the right choice of manager, and as I keep on saying, 'if he was any good, then he would have been picked up by another club, and he would not have been out of work for six or seven months prior to being appointed manager'. But who else was there??? He was at least good to have taken on the mammoth task of survival, rather than winning anything this season and on an expenses only type of payment. We now have no youth policy, inexperienced players, fans who are leaving in their droves (as if we had droves to lose!!!), directors who are leaving left,right and centre and stuck in a Division that is simply awful to get out of, with so many ex-league clubs, with money and desperate to get League status back. Even fans are turning on each other, judging by reading the forums.
Matters are really gloomy and desperate and I don't see any way out. Its going to be a very long season indeed.

Just out of interest, how much, if any, of this get's attributed to Alan Knill?
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:42 pm 
Post subject:

Got brought down to earth yesterday as the only unbeaten top flight team in England in League and Cup. Still as long as we stay up I will be happy and so far we can't stop scoring and can't stop conceding still makes for entertaining football, bring on the canaries next week.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

@foxes1
I think everybody will agree, Leicester is the place for goals this season. Only trouble for you guys is they could go in either end.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Good point Bigearl 79. Alan Knill, although he succeeded in saving Torquay from the drop from the Football League, the season after, I think I am right in saying, that Torquay only won 5 games under his managerial reign and a handful of drawn games. He is regarded by a lot of Torquay fans as one of the worst managers that Torquay have ever employed. Not all the blame can be put on him, as no one is quite sure what constraints he was under by the board.
Torquay just seem to have the knack of appointing managers who have had clubs under their reign, living on the edge, with no real pedigree, just another job, that Torquay are willing to pay top dollar for and no real return.
DySporting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am 
Post subject:

This is where I thank the footballing gods for Keith Hill.

Year after year of average managers, the occasional flirtation with the play-offs but more often than not the fight for 50 points and survival.

Enter Keith Hill youth team coach, initially brought in as care-taker manager he did so well he got the job permanently and turned the club around.

When he left to go to Barnsley, Dale brought in the Steve Eyre, nice bloke but out of his depth then Mr Accrington John Coleman and that didn’t work either.

Re-enter Keith Hill and Dale are in their strongest position in their history with the best squad any fan can remember.

Being a supporter of a small club is all about luck and the hope that the chairman can 1) balance the books 2) maintain the small support 3) strike lucky with a manager who can bring the best out of everyone
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 am 
Post subject:

Every time Argyle need a new manager I wonder why we don't get Hill..

To be fair I am more than happy with Derek Adams but Hill works wonders on the budget he must have

Allesandra doesn't seem to be getting a look in for you guys...always enjoyed his commitment....hope you make it to the Championship although my favourite dale memory is a 73/4 5-0 drubbing at Home Park where we gave debuts to three teenagers....Brian Johnson, Alan Rogers and a certain Paul Mariner
Telfordfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:15 am 
Post subject:

It's going great at Telford United. One win all season, bottom of the league and out of the FA Cup to lower league Kettering Town. Crying or Very sad
DySporting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:15 am 
Post subject:

I’m not sure why Alessandra has been so under used to be honest, I was delighted when he signed. He’s made 3 or 4 sub appearances and impressed but Dale are 5th and with the exception of the game at Millwall have played well so far this season so who am I to question Keith Hill.

He’s been unfortunate that Henderson is undroppable, Vincenti has been in blinding form after a slow start and Calvin Andrew who caused lots of raised eyebrows when he signed last season has been superb. I’m sure he’ll get his chance though.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: