Football Programmes Centre

After 8 League Games Played ......
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After 8 League Games Played ......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:01 pm 
Post subject: After 8 League Games Played ......

So after 8 league games played of the new season, how is your team doing, relative to you expectations ?

Ipswich Town - I am quite pleased with the start of the season, 4 wins from 8 games is pretty good.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:09 pm 
Post subject:

After 6 league games, Palace are W 3 L 3 and are 8th.

We've played Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs.

I'd have settled for 8th before the season started. However, the nature of our 3 defeats has been disappointing and we could have done even better.

Plus we are in the 4th round of the Cup.

Just need a decent striker and for some reason we sold Murray without a suitable replacement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
DySporting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

As Rochdale’s photographer

very happy with 5th at the moment, a couple of dodgy performances but the team defensively look solid and are playing well. Millwall away for me Saturday

As an ex Norwich City season ticket holder

very happy also - apart from one dodgy performance at Soton they’ve played well, in fact could probably have more points than they have with a little more luck
Superajm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Posh - W2 D2 L5

out of both cups

first team to sack the manager

Not the best start
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

The Seasiders are starting to play some good football, but only in patches.

As expected this season is going to be another struggle but a couple of wins could lift them half way up the table.

Will have a better idea by the end of October when we will have played another 8 games.
Heed Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:50 pm 
Post subject:

12 games played in the Vanarama National League, Gateshead sitting in the play-off spots - after a summer involving a search for a new owner as well as a new manager, I think that's beyond the expectations of most supporters. Games against some of the big-hitters looming on the horizon though, starting with league-leaders Forest Green Rovers away on Saturday. Ask the question again at the end of October, by which time we'll have played 7 more league games and an FA Cup qualifying round.....
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 pm 
Post subject:

We've sold our best player.

Our next best three players are injured.

Our manager is still called Nigel

We can't keep a clean sheet

We never score from a corner

We always concede from a corner

We've lost consecutive home games to Bury and Colchester

We're as s***e as we were last season.

The chips in the Family stand have gone from thick hard ones to soggy thin ones.

They keep running out of gravy.

In footballing terms we're on a par with Newcastle.

Can't shoot, can't tackle, can't pass. Apart from that we're just dandy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:08 pm 
Post subject:

As expected. A tough start to the campaign. Having 10 first team/squad players out injured all in one go means your reserves need to be just as good. In most departments they are. Probably not got the results deserved once or twice but it's work in progress and I don't believe we'll be one of the three that goes down to league 1.

The championship is, as always, very competitive. Smile

ps I see Warburton has done well, so far, at G Rangers. A hiccup in the cup to St J's but league wise, G Rangers should win it in a canter. Don't get too bored with the same pre match and post match interviews! They all seem the same after a month the or two! Wink
AberdeenBob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

8 wins out of 8, top of the league and only 3 goals conceded. Only down side being knocked out of the league cup to Hibs.

New signings look superb and it's fantastic having a competent keeper, even if he is only on loan.

Derek McInnes is quickly becoming a god like figure to the supporters of Aberdeen Bow
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:36 pm 
Post subject:

AberdeenBob wrote:
8 wins out of 8, top of the league and only 3 goals conceded. Only down side being knocked out of the league cup to Hibs.

New signings look superb and it's fantastic having a competent keeper, even if he is only on loan.

Derek McInnes is quickly becoming a god like figure to the supporters of Aberdeen Bow

Really hope Aberdeen can challenge Celtic at the top throughout the whole season. Thumbs Up
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

We're doing as I pretty much envisaged when I heard the wonderful news that brave, 'lionheart,' blood on the shirt and all that malarkey, Terry Butcher was being appointed as our new manager.

Fair play to the fella too, he hasn't disappointed.
A superb, eclectic array of unwanted non league journeymen he's assembled, not to mention the never-ending loanees he's brought in to warm our bench and then refuse to pick.
Tel really does what it says on the tin.

Hence it's now with enormous pride that I reflect on his brief tenure thus far and have to veritably pinch myself to remind me that we're the only team out of 92 yet to win a game.

Finally, hats off to our now departed board who saw fit to award an out of work pundit with an horrendous CV a two-year deal, and sanction additional jobs for all his mates as well.
Messrs Osman and Marsella haven't stopped laughing since.

I've thoroughly enjoyed our three years as a league club mind you, but must admit I'm looking forward even more to watching 'AFC Newport AFC' in the South-West Ribena Pedigree Chum League in the next year or two.

Bring it on I say.

We're gonna piss that tin-pot league!
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:

The chips in the Family stand have gone from thick hard ones to soggy thin ones.

chips and gravy ??? yuck

try chips and tomato sauce instead.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:52 pm 
Post subject:

I would swap anyone's position compared to my team.....Torquay United.
Littlewiggy, I'd love to say we were possibly going to play you next season, but we are going down to National League (South), so will miss you.
As a Torquay fan for 45years, I have seen more bad times than good. Usually we have the knack to get out of the awkward situations, But not this time!!! And there is still 34 games or so to go!!! Never been as depressed or embarrassed about being a Torquay fan..until now.
Even the prospect of the club folding up in the next couple of weeks. Not good,not good at all. Crying or Very sad
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 am 
Post subject:

Uninspiring so far....Tottenham.

We have totally messed up the transfer window and managed to upset West Brom and Southampton with our tactics.

We still need a battler in midfield and more forwards. Harry can't do it all.

We have too many show ponies in midfield, Chadli and Llamela the worst.

Thrown leads away against Stoke, Leicester and scored Man Utd's winner for them!

On a plus, Son looks lively and Alli looks a real find.

And finally, our manager makes 8 changes before a North London Derby proving he doesn't understand how much that game means to the fans.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:55 am 
Post subject:

Grumpypants wrote:
I would swap anyone's position compared to my team.....Torquay United.
Littlewiggy, I'd love to say we were possibly going to play you next season, but we are going down to National League (South), so will miss you.
As a Torquay fan for 45years, I have seen more bad times than good. Usually we have the knack to get out of the awkward situations, But not this time!!! And there is still 34 games or so to go!!! Never been as depressed or embarrassed about being a Torquay fan..until now.
Even the prospect of the club folding up in the next couple of weeks. Not good,not good at all. Crying or Very sad

I listened to the match against Boreham Wood on BBC Radio Devon (online). Commentators seemed quite upbeat about how they played that night.
Lots of Plymouth fans turned up to add their support?
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:01 am 
Post subject:

Grumpypants, I feel your dispair. I now live in Dawlish and many of my friends are Gulls fans. I hope it improves for you soon.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:07 am 
Post subject:

Paul Clement's starting to settle in now but, given the outlay on the squad, my guess is the supporters will be expecting more from the club than the sterile, rather uninspiring 0-0 draw against Burnley earlier in the week.

I've also got a feeling that the permanent signings of Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann will not turn out to be money well spent.
James73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 am 
Post subject:

@ Five and In

Couldn't have put it better myself, although we do seem to be a bit tighter at the back.

Wanyama would have been a terrific signing, thanks Dan for approaching that with respect to Soton.

At least finally got rid of Adebayor

Son has always impressed me when I have watched Bundesliga highlights.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 am 
Post subject:

sellsell39 wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:

chips and gravy ??? yuck

try chips and tomato sauce instead.

tomato sauce.....so your a southerner then Laughing
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 am 
Post subject:

New manager (Adams) has brought in some decent players and a wave of positivity that we never had under John Sheridan although I think some of our internet fans forget how much he stabilised the club when we looked doomed to non league

We have more ways of scoring than just Rueben Reid

Jervis has scored a third of his six goals whilst sat on his arse in the six yard box...that's a striker

Second place and would have been top if we hadn't thrown away two points home to the Gas...although to be fair if we hadn't had a worldy save from our keeper after that it could have been defeat

Oh and we won at Wycombe ...again

We won a game after conceding first for the first time in over 900 days!

But I managed to pick our only away defeat so far for my seasonal debut!

One other bad thing...our friends at the Plymouth Argyle Retirement home for discarded Greens ( or Torquay United as some persist in calling them) are in deep doo doo and I hope they find a way out of it....it's unpleasant but having been through the mire ourselves like many others you can get through it...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: