Football Programmes Centre

The Prentonian ?? Tranmere Rovers 1922 Season ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Prentonian ?? Tranmere Rovers 1922 Season ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm 
Post subject: The Prentonian ?? Tranmere Rovers 1922 Season ?

Came across these today and they looked beautifull and very arty and had been kept in a binder,there was 4 of them from 22/23 season called the The Prentonian and it was tranmere rovers programmes. I would just lke to ask if any tranmere collectors out there can justify this stuff I seen today ? I told the fella who had them put them into auction and get them checked for authenticity. He also had a load of 44/45 season tranmere home programmes and they were white ones 4 pages max.Looked about right for war time issues. Any info greatly appreciated on this. Tranmere Collectors???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:57 pm 
Post subject: Progs

Nice find
I have a couple of 1920s tranmere and they are a great read.
Would love to know what else there is.
Would be interested as I am sure others would too.
Holtie
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 pm 
Post subject: Tranmere

The big clue re the 1920s issues is the paper! It should be obvious if there are not genuine.
I can send a picture of mine if it helps?
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

Please if possible my friend. They were in beautifull condition though for programmes from that era. The guy they were in a binder and I have no reason to not believe that cause otherwise they wouldn't be in such good condition. The programmes themselves are blue ish I think with Prentonian written across the top and some really nice looking arty type works down the side of it and it says season 22/23 on it. They are a bit faded around the edges of the front page though,but are indeed a quality find as said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
andrewesq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:34 am 
Post subject:

The prentonian for 22/23 season should be pale blue wafer thin paper 12 pages from division 3 North era

Wartime one I've not seen but would be interested in what this look like. Where is this secret auction house u know off no doubt a lot of us would want to go!
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:09 am 
Post subject:

It's definatly pale blue for a start that I can remember. It's not an Auction House. This going to probably make a lot of you guys laugh your heads off this morning but its actually an outdoor market. Its a guy who can get hold of Everton Liverpool and Tranmere stuff programmes wise.I would not class him as a programme dealer he's more a market trader who is a football fan so he gets hold of programmes and sells them. He doesn't know what they are worth so you can easily have bargins of him but you also don't want to rip him off badly for your prizes if that makes sense.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: