Football Programmes Centre

Facebook group for Programmes & memorabilia
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Facebook group for Programmes & memorabilia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:19 pm 
Post subject: Facebook group for Programmes & memorabilia

If you've got a facebook account, why not visit:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392763124155720/
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the heads up, just joined. Looks right up my street!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

Visited and Joined.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Grantham
In your experience, is anything rare, antique or unique ever sold through this page? I've liked it a few weeks now, and without wanting to sound like Treble99, it's full of people trying to sell pretty dull run of the mill stuff.

Please lift my spirits and give me some hope that really old or really rare stuff does occasionally get offered there! If for no other reason than I like to see stuff you don't see that often!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

There are more than a few Facebook groups out there for general programmes and tickets, and in my experience very rarely do you ever see items offered which are anything other than run-of-the-mill, it’s not really the place for experienced collectors looking to fill gaps. I think I have bought one programme via this channel in about 2 years and I have left a few groups as they are a waste of time and clog up your timeline.

However they are a good hunting ground for cheap programmes if you’re just starting out.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Tynie, as I thought. To be honest its no worse than ebay - except you can filter ebay results so you largely only see what you want!!!

Think I was hoping for miracles and was being unrealistic - guess for the good stuff I need to carry on watching the main auction lists.
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

I see the group more of a contact list, rather than the actual content that gets posted.

As Tynie posted you are always going to get dross, but without contacts you aren't going to pick-up anything new. I'm sure if you posted what club you collect people will be in touch. I have and had responses privately. The thing is, most deals aren't done on the page, but initial contact is.

Give it a try, nothing to lose
blackburncollector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

as on here, most of the deals are done via private message after initial post in the 'public area' of the site...plenty of everyday programmes but with patience you can pick up some decent stuff...dependent on your level of collecting.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: