Football Programmes Centre

Cunning E Bay seller
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cunning E Bay seller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 pm 
Post subject: Cunning E Bay seller

It is amazing what lengths some people will go to to make a few bob on E Bay.

I strongly believe that this seller has nicked this photo from my website and is flogging it as "pre printed". I have the original and I cannot believe that there are two of these that are identical.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Port.....2ca0462a27
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:50 pm 
Post subject: Re: Cunning E Bay seller

martino wrote:

I strongly believe that this seller has nicked this photo from my website and is flogging it as "pre printed". I have the original and I cannot believe that there are two of these that are identical.

More than likely. I've had several copied and then they've popped up on eBay. That's why I watermark anything that's unusual or not easy to obtain. Then they cannot be copied without blurring part of the picture. Sad people.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:56 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, watermark everything.

Mine was set up for me so I've no idea how you set one up, but someone here will know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:03 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Yes, watermark everything.

Mine was set up for me so I've no idea how you set one up, but someone here will know.

I use a free photoshop type programme called Photoscape to crop, watermark, etc, all my stuff. It's pretty easy to do. Paint.net is another I think that is easy to use. Smile
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:22 pm 
Post subject: Re: Cunning E Bay seller

martino wrote:

Yep this picture was printed in a pompey programme some years back.

In fact if I remember its 'Pompey Reserves'

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:59 pm 
Post subject:

That is what Barry Swash does, he downloads other folks images and sells them on ebay as reprints-he took a few of mine and is still selling them. He must sell 100's at 1.99 a year if not 1000's and the reprints cost a few coppers-maybe if the coppers knocked on his door he would not be so keen Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ianlambert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:57 pm 
Post subject:

I even pointed out to him, politely of course, that one of the images he sells as Hartlepools United 1932-33, is in fact from 1934-35. He wasn't interested, and continues to sell it with the incorrect year. I know I'm correct because my grandfather is in the team, and he was only there for that year.
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 am 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
That is what Barry Swash does, he downloads other folks images and sells them on ebay as reprints-he took a few of mine and is still selling them. He must sell 100's at 1.99 a year if not 1000's and the reprints cost a few coppers-maybe if the coppers knocked on his door he would not be so keen Laughing

I don't understand people that buy these. You can go on google and search for images or search Flickr. Then copy and print them yourself. Are people that dumb? Smile

Apologies if anyone on here had purchased one! Wink
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: