Football Programmes Centre

Chris Turner, Peterborough & Cambridge - RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chris Turner, Peterborough & Cambridge - RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:03 pm 
Post subject: Chris Turner, Peterborough & Cambridge - RIP

An obit in today's Indy for the stalwart Posh player and later on their manager and chairman. Repeated heading of the heavy ball caused Alzheimer's, according to his widow. Now, where have I heard that before? And what are the FA doing about it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....15294.html

Here's one from my website

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
silkman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:59 am 
Post subject:

What a sad loss and a great waste of a remarkable football talent.
Superajm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:44 pm 
Post subject:

An absolute hero at Posh. Player, captain, manager, owner and one of the nicest men you could ever meet. Sadly taken away from us far too early

Posh play Cambridge on August 1st at London Road in honour of the great man (the two teams he managed) which is all ticket (due to history between the teams and on the insistance of the police) with tickets at a very reasonable price of £10 if you're local with nothing to do!

We're also in the process of trying to raise enough cash for some sort of sculpture but more on that later Cool
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: