Football Programmes Centre

Everton European Cup Winners Cup Final 1985
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Everton European Cup Winners Cup Final 1985

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy1966

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am 
Post subject: Everton European Cup Winners Cup Final 1985

17 years old, experienced Goodison Park for the Semi-Final against Bayern Munich, won 3-1 and we are off to Rotterdam.

My mate and I book our coach travel and wait for tickets to be allocated. As a season ticket holder I had a ticket in my grasp.

My mate decided to pull out and my intent was to still travel on my own with the "Everton family".

My own family (parents) put pressure on me not to travel on my own, I laugh now, only now do I realise what a young 17 year old I was. I backed down and didn't travel and watched it on the television (Brian Clough co-commentating).

Not to worry we were in a glorious period for Everton, surely we are going to experience other nights.....

Here we are 30 years on, still waiting. Oh the regrets..
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:50 pm 
Post subject:

27 years of age now and the only memories I have of Everton with silverware was the FA Cup & Charity Shield wins of 1995, not that I remember much of them!

Sadly, the way football is going, I can't see a return back to those glorious days of the 60's or 80's anytime soon for us mate.

At least you've had the pleasure of seeing us as one of, if not the, dominant force in English football for a period of time!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: