Football Programmes Centre

Modern Tat That Is Worth A Few Quid
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Modern Tat That Is Worth A Few Quid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tintowner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:27 pm 
Post subject: Modern Tat That Is Worth A Few Quid

Has anybody got any modern 'tat' (I love that word....I really do Laughing ) , (1970s to date), that is worth a few quid.

Obviously there are some pre season games, but what about the low print runs or the postponed games etc etc.

Sometimes you may get a couple of bidders on ebay who want the same programme and the price goes into orbit, thus giving a false valuation, because the next time it appears, there is possibly no two buyers I competition.

Anyway, a few from my Grimsby collection that I know would command a good price....but is classed as modern tat Nod .

1973/74: Blyth Spartans v Grimsby FA cup replay. 4 pager, got mine in a collection and have only seen it once on ebay and it sold for £90.

1982/83: Lincoln City v Grimsby, Football League Trophy. A4 single sheet sold for £102 Shocked Shocked

2005/06: Grimsby v Morecombe, LDV trophy. Low print run, I have sold two spares of these in the past and both have gone for around the £45 mark. (I have also been asked a few times if I have this prog for sale).

Anybody else got any little modern 'tat' Laughing gems they want to share with this forum?
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

03/04 Rotherham v Norwich was going for £15 for a long time. However I picked up a couple of spares and have not got a sale.

10/11 Norwich v Derby - problem with the printers and key game with a sell out. Have seen it sell for £26.

14/15 Ipswich play off semis seem to be going for a tenner, but suspect this will calm down by the end of the summer.

Hardly big money, but for modern tat...
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:54 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair, I think a better term is massed produced, rather than tat. The programmes you state are usually reserve , friendly and quickly arranged cup games which normally have a lower print run than normal league games and postponed games where thousands of copies might have been destroyed. Therefore its obvious these will fetch hefty prices. My favourite is 1972/73 Notts. County FA Cup, four pages, £100 plus.
Every club in the country will have similar sought after programmes.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure if any pompey programmes have any high prices......
But..
In recent seasons a lot of games have been "sell outs" esp away in div 2.

Another pompey expert may have a list....

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
dcfc46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:09 pm 
Post subject: Modern tat that is worth a few quid

14/15 Derby County v Southport FA Cup sold out about 1.50pm for the 3pm kick off Low print run and 20,201 turned up still for sale at yoursportingcollectibles.com
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:09 pm 
Post subject:

Not my club but 29.8.92 Scarborough v Rochdale was a sell-out long before kick off due to the exceptionally large number of Dale fans who had travelled.

A kindly Scarborough official managed to get me a copy after I'd told him I'd travelled all the way from Aberdeen for the match!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:16 pm 
Post subject:

There's plenty of Scotland aways from 1970 to date that fall into the three figure category, or more Shocked
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

Farsley Celtic v Torquay United programme from 2007/08 season had a very low print run, apparently due to the printer breaking down. I believe there were only about 100 produced.
When I enquired about acquiring a copy down at Torquay, I was offered one provided I paid £250!!!!
Took me seven years to the day of the game being played before I managed to acquired a copy, but still cost me £50, and its not in perfect condition!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: