Football Programmes Centre

Where it all starts....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where it all starts....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 pm 
Post subject: Where it all starts....

We never give these people much thought I guess , but they are heroes . Very Happy

pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

Know the lovely lady on the left in pic 4.
One of my jobs at Rovers is to take what progs she and the other sellers have left and work out how many each one sold.Never see the 1st 10 mins of a game.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 pm 
Post subject:

Surely the greatest of all programme sellers has to be the legendary Ruth Crawshaw of Bolton Wanderers fame, now perhaps late 80's and still she sits on a little stool at every home game all on her own, not to mention she is the greatest Bolton Wanderers collector and still does the fairs.

What a star for sure, I love her crumpled bits of paper and told her so recently and then bought some off her!

Hail rain or shine she gets my vote numero uno Bow

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 pm 
Post subject:

Gulp . . . £5.00 that was a bloody weeks wages when i started as an apprentice Shocked
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Surely the greatest of all programme sellers has to be the legendary Ruth Crawshaw of Bolton Wanderers fame, now perhaps late 80's and still she sits on a little stool at every home game all on her own, not to mention she is the greatest Bolton Wanderers collector and still does the fairs.

What a star for sure, I love her crumpled bits of paper and told her so recently and then bought some off her!

Wave

I'll second that.

Met Ruth on a few occasions at fairs and matches.

A true supporter dedicated to BWFC and with a tremendous collection.

The last time I saw her was when she turned up at a very wet and windy Squires Gate for a Lancashire Senior Cup match.

Even atrocious conditions at a training ground venue couldn't put her off following her team and there was no teamsheet issued either.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Wave

second that
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

As the attendance at this game was just 15, I don't think he sold too many....

BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

Has anyone got any updates on the matches she has attended since the 1950s. A few years back she hadnt missed a single game Home or Away 1st team and reserves
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:20 am 
Post subject:

She is undoubtedly Bolton's most loyal fan and yet if you go on a busy Bolton forum and start talking about Ruth it won't be long before there's some vitriol.Go on the same forum and start talking about other "celebrity fans " such as the old club video commentator Dave Higson or the massive Bolton/England fan Ferny who died in a road accident and nobody will have a bad word to say about them.
Somebody very close to me has an unpleasant story about Ruth as far back as the 1966 World Cup when the Brazil squad were training in Bolton.It's fair to say she's certainly more popular with the programme collecting community outside Bolton than with fellow match going Bolton fans.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:05 am 
Post subject:

Let's have the Brazil story, sounds interesting Laughing
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Lets just say it involves big girls bullying little girls ahead of them in the queue for Brazilian autographs and one of the little girls being horrified 45 years later when her son mentioned the amount of cash he had just given RC. Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: