Football Programmes Centre

Did your club reach your expectations for this season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Did your club reach your expectations for this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 am 
Post subject:

PompeyPhil wrote:
No.........but we made some unwanted club history along the way...... Managed our lowest ever league finish since the current football league was set up.......oh and for the first time ever we went out of the FA Cup to non league opposition (Aldershot)............apart from that it was a great season off the pitch with the Club announcing that we were debt free, actually making money and having a steady home attendance per game of approx 15,000 for the entire season. As Gaz said just happy we managed to save the Club.......hopefully next year with cookie at the helm we might......just might get moving in the right direction on the pitch. Nod

I agree with Phil.....

On the pitch......NO

Off the pitch.......YES, Yes

Debt free, paid up outstanding debts as per administration.

Got rid of the crooks who put us in this position....

Would be nice if they found a way to compensate all those small businesses who only got 2p - 4p in the pound !!!

But 'DEBT FREE'.............

(its a nice feeling but the club will eventually have to find a investor if we ever get back to the championship)

Premiership.........No Thanks, they can keep it !!!!

& as a bonus we play every Saturday @ 3 O'clock........just like the old days.....

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:07 am 
Post subject:

Beating our rivals in the play off semis and then yesterday made it an amazing end to a season that took so long to get going after making one of the worst management decisions in our history.

The getting there is the fun bit, now the struggle to stay in it begins again. Me I'll be back on the quest to finally finish the 92 - three to go.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:33 am 
Post subject:

We're still surviving, promotion is essential, have to wait and see.
Jambojim

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

Most definetly, romped the Champiobship in style Easy
stevemcd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:40 pm 
Post subject:

Birmingham City

Not being relegated was my hope for the season and this was massively exceeded.

Changing the Manager made all the difference.

cheers

Steve McD
Eck

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

Jambojim wrote:
Most definetly, romped the Champiobship in style Easy

We'll mind and gie ye a pat on the heid when we pass ye oan the climb back tae the tap. Easy
chelseachris

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm 
Post subject:

Without doubt and the League Cup a bonus.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:08 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
PompeyPhil wrote:
No.........but we made some unwanted club history along the way...... Managed our lowest ever league finish since the current football league was set up.......oh and for the first time ever we went out of the FA Cup to non league opposition (Aldershot)............apart from that it was a great season off the pitch with the Club announcing that we were debt free, actually making money and having a steady home attendance per game of approx 15,000 for the entire season. As Gaz said just happy we managed to save the Club.......hopefully next year with cookie at the helm we might......just might get moving in the right direction on the pitch. Nod

I agree with Phil.....

On the pitch......NO

Off the pitch.......YES, Yes

Debt free, paid up outstanding debts as per administration.

Got rid of the crooks who put us in this position....

Would be nice if they found a way to compensate all those small businesses who only got 2p - 4p in the pound !!!

But 'DEBT FREE'.............

(its a nice feeling but the club will eventually have to find a investor if we ever get back to the championship)

Premiership.........No Thanks, they can keep it !!!!

& as a bonus we play every Saturday @ 3 O'clock........just like the old days.....

It is nice to be debt free.
That's what my club are.

However if you sell your club through shares to raise money against the name of your club it's ok to go into debt because you can service the debt through the 'istory' of your club.

Woe betide you have a rich owner who is in for the long haul.

FFP keeping the elite.....elite.
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Crying or Very sad
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

The remit was to reach the play offs which we did, so yes on that point, unfortunately we didn't turn up for said play offs, so all in all a disappointing end of the season.
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Beating our rivals in the play off semis and then yesterday made it an amazing end to a season that took so long to get going after making one of the worst management decisions in our history.

The getting there is the fun bit, now the struggle to stay in it begins again. Me I'll be back on the quest to finally finish the 92 - three to go.

If things look like they are going wrong stick with the manager we did and it paid of in the end. It will be up to the board of directors not to panic. Are your players good enough to keep you up there. It is all about bringing players in that will improve the squad don't try and mix it with the big money clubs as it wont work. We paid for only 1 players in the close season (Ulloa) the rest cam in on free transfers and we bought one in for a fee in the Jan transfer window plus a couple of loans which is when our season changed for the better.
beaudog

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

Stoke city

Overachieved without a doubt and far exceeding the expectations f the support. However a step up is light years away to break into the top 6 requires a lot of investment, big time and lots of luck. I think if the Potters maintain their mid table position they will be doing well next season. The chances of topping the Premiership have passed over to the very chosen few.
Still isn't it satisfying to finish with a 6-1 win over Liverpool?
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm 
Post subject:

ask me again after the cup final on Saturday
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: Did your club reach your expectations for this season

foxes1 wrote:
I know the second season in the Premiership is usually harder than the first so we will wait and see what happens next season but hopefully it will put us on a stable financial footing and we don't go down the road to financial ruin like other clubs.

So the second season in the Premiership is usually harder than the first. I think you got that wrong fella Smile
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
paulo wrote:

If things look like they are going wrong stick with the manager we did and it paid of in the end. It will be up to the board of directors not to panic. Are your players good enough to keep you up there. It is all about bringing players in that will improve the squad don't try and mix it with the big money clubs as it wont work. We paid for only 1 players in the close season (Ulloa) the rest cam in on free transfers and we bought one in for a fee in the Jan transfer window plus a couple of loans which is when our season changed for the better.

""Are your players good enough to keep you up "" Classic Bow Bow

""don't try and mix it with the big money clubs as it wont work"" Clap Clap
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: