Football Programmes Centre

So what has gone wrong at Newcastle
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So what has gone wrong at Newcastle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 pm 
Post subject: So what has gone wrong at Newcastle

Got back from the Leicester v Newcastle game and heard Carver on the radio saying that Williamson went out to deliberately get himself sent-off. If this is true should the club dock his wages. I have always thought you play for the love of the game, but Newcastle's players seem to think otherwise. Still good for us it brings them closer to the bottom 3.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Well they wanted Pardew out. They are in free fall but games are running out so I expect Newcastle will survive. Sunderland in dire position with Arsenal and Chelsea away and a inform Leicester at home. It was always a case of one of the bottom teams to put a run together and Leicester and Villa have done that. I'm hoping once Chelsea win the league they switch off and start dreaming of their holidays....some chance
foxes1

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

Should be an interesting game in 2 weeks at the Stadium Of Light. Looking forward to my trip up there now.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:38 pm 
Post subject:

Serves 'em right for wanting Pardew out because he's a 'cockney' Laughing

They've got a proper Geordie in charge now and are reaping the benefits !!!

Don't think they'll go down, but it'll be very close indeed.
houghmartin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately Wullie - I fear you may be right and Sunderland will slip out and allow Newcastle to survive despite themselves.... hounding out Pardew means the fans need to take a big share of the blame. Lets be honest - Newcastle being in the top half of the prem is probably as good as it gets for them. Complain about the owners if you want but complaining about a winning manager makes you look a little silly to everyone else in the football world (and his subsequent success at Palace makes the pardew out campaign look even dumber).
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:17 am 
Post subject:

A classic comment from someone who is not a fan of that club and seems to know nothing of why their fans never took to Pardew.

Take a look at some of his actions on the sidelines (headbutting a player, pushing a linesman, insulting Pellegrini...etc), regular comments to the media covering for himself and his unpopular owner and his own poor record (worst derby record ever, won 1 FA cup tie in 4 years, inability to develop most 1st team players) then his past managerial record at other clubs and you should understand a bit of the dissatisfaction with him.

Then look at his losses to games record in the latter half of last season (15 in 21) and compare it to this season's with an arguably even worse squad (16 in 22) and you may even imagine their current situation would not have been any different if he had stayed.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:48 am 
Post subject:

They never took to Pardew as he was Ashleys man. They had tried previously to get Ashley out and failed, so, they turned on the next best thing which was Pardew. Prior to that they had already run out of toon Dennis wise and Big fat Sam amongst others.

His record in derbies was poor but they are not the be all and end all of a season. Pardews overall record at Newcastle in relation to previous managers seems pretty good.

Pardews record at other clubs with the exception of Charlton is very impressive.

Nearly all fans regardless of club will have sympathy for Newcastle fans given the appalling tenure of Ashley but that will be some what offset when they look at how Toon fans have been to a degree the architects of their own misfortune with the hounding of good football men.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:09 am 
Post subject:

Very impressive? Are you sure? I wonder what the majority of West Ham and Southampton fans have to say about that.

And a pretty good record as a NUFC manager compared to others?

Alan Pardew’s point per game for Newcastle United in the Premier League stands at a very mediocre 1.34, compared to Keegan’s 1.76, Robson’s 1.60, Roeder’s 1.40 or even Dalglish’s 1.36. Looking at the last two seasons and a bit, this figure drops to a very meagre 1.20, below Allardyce’s 1.24 and only just above Souness’ 1.16.

Alan Pardew was the first Newcastle United manager to lose 6 consecutive Premier League games.

In the 2013-14 season, Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United lost 4 home games in a row without scoring a goal – the first time in the club’s entire history that this has happened.

In the 2012-13 season, Newcastle under Alan Pardew lost their final 3 home games, the only time in the club’s history that they have done so.

Alan Pardew’s PL form record in 2014: LLWDLLLWWLWLLLLLLWLLDDLDLDWWWWWLDWLLLW

To describe Dennis Wise as a good football man is laughable (Joe Kinnear too after his expletive-laden, pie-in-the-sky interviews) and Sam was sacked by Ashley with nowhere near the levels of discontent there were for the likes of Souness (who would only sign players connected with the same agent - a good football man?).

On the other hand, real good football men (and non-geordies) such as Chris Hughton, Terry McDermott (spelling?), Les Ferdinand and even Glenn Roeder are still appreciated on Tyneside. The way the national media spin it isn't always true, so people would do well to do some real research in cases like these, I'd venture.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:26 am 
Post subject:

So what has gone wrong at Newcastle?

Mike Ashley?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:35 am 
Post subject:

I really will be up all night if I answer that one! Poor (or lack of sufficient) investment last summer and in January is one reason. Poor appointment of Carver (decent geordie guy but out of his depth) after Pardew had jumped ship is another.

Those are two of the major recent ones, but Cashley's communications policy (or lack thereof) has never lent itself to creating a good vibe on Tyneside, even less so when the team is struggling and paying fans ask for answers as to why a club making a profit for the third or fourth year running (and with 34m of cash in its bank account) fails to invest even an average amount on decent players in each transfer window...
foyle loyal

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:21 am 
Post subject:

as a rangers fan I can pretty much say it will be fat mike and his band of crooks,fleecing every penny he can get through jumblesale direct.com,onerous contracts etc,a disgusting individual to say the least,doesnt care about the fans or the club,just his own pockets
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:36 am 
Post subject:

foyle loyal wrote:
a disgusting individual to say the least,doesnt care about the fans or the club,just his own pockets

That has a familiar ring to it.
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

Was amazed but not surprised watching the Dispatches programme on Sportdirect.com earlier in the week that for all the advertising of the company at St James Park not one penny is paid to the club for it and the address given on items purchased in the club shop is the Sportsdirect head office in Shirebrook

websites - www.footballstickershop.com
martino

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:22 pm 
Post subject:

From the BBC Sport Website:

"Steve McClaren turned down the chance to become Newcastle United manager for the final three matches of the season."

Not a difficult decision I would imagine.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

bisphamseasider wrote:
foyle loyal wrote:
a disgusting individual to say the least,doesnt care about the fans or the club,just his own pockets

That has a familiar ring to it.

I read the article in the Guardian yesterday about Oyston and his provocative car registration plate.
That on top of everything else.

Serious question - what would it take to get this individual out of your club (and out of the game) for good?

Or is he like an old boss of mine who just infuriated everyone simply because he had the power to do so?
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

I like John Carver, his complete league career was with the team I support, Cardiff City. 13 League games in old Division 3, in a year we got relegated, and 2 League Cup games. Then back up to the North East with Newcastle Blue Star. He wears his heart on his sleeve and looking at Williamson last weekend I can understand why he made such comments, the defender just looked like he meant to clatter the other guy whatever the outcome. The players deserves all the flack he's getting.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Fabricio Coloccini: Newcastle United captain apologises to fans

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini has written an open letter to fans calling for unity as the club battles to stay in the Premier League.

We seen & heard this many times before.......

Would have been better if he & the team put their wages for the last 8 games they lost into a charity pot.

The fans could relate to that....
Read It Read It

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

As I said..................... Mike Ashley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32604225
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: