Football Programmes Centre

ebay help wanted
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay help wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm 
Post subject: ebay help wanted

Hi, someone recently posted how you can stop seeing page apon page of junk being sold by the likes of bobfrankandelvis etc on ebay.

I can't find the thread so if someone could kindly repost the info it would be much appreciated.
dangerman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:26 pm 
Post subject:

got to community at the top and select search put in bobfrankandelvis then go to the second to last one on the list it says ebay - blocking sellers? that one should help you
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

Some collectors dont know how lucky they are. There are over 1 million items of football memorabilia on Ebay which you can look at.
In the old days it was trudging off to Programme fairs and wading through catalogues .. some people are never happy. Confused
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers dangerman.

Bazza you are of course right but life moves on and wading through so much that I have no interest in has become too time consuming
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

Hi dangerman, I have tried to block sellers but can not find how. I put the question into the community section and was told you can not block sellers.
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:37 pm 
Post subject:

Do a search, Press" advanced" in the top right corner, then scroll down to sellers, only show items from, specific sellers, Exclude and enter the sellers name and its job done! Save it to your eBay searches.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 pm 
Post subject:

I don't have a problem with BobFrankandElvis really (I've got at lest a couple of really hard to find items from them for really good prices) but I'd love to just be able to block all the pages and posters cut out of football magazines from 10/20/30 years ago.

I guess I just have to keep refining my searches into item type!

What is weird is I remember cutting some of the very same cuttings out of those magazines for my childhood scrapbooks!!
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

not really sure of the logic of this. you often have to do some digging to find hidden gems . I have my eye on something at the moment that is not correctly listed. Therefore I search all sellers, all sections.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
not really sure of the logic of this. you often have to do some digging to find hidden gems . I have my eye on something at the moment that is not correctly listed. Therefore I search all sellers, all sections.

Pretty much. Personally, half the fun is raking through the so called “tat” to find the occasional hidden gem. It’s the internet equivalent to raking through the 50p box at fairs and finding a rare PP issue…….
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:21 pm 
Post subject:

Each to their own but I've just given up searching for tickets on ebay for tomorrow after 50 + pages of utter shite being offered by york41g.

I'm happy to look through a 50p box at a fair etc but page after page after page of garbage just sucks the joy out of it for me.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:24 am 
Post subject:

What P****s me off is particularly with tickets , you get literally hundreds of repo or copies listed just as an original is listed , as far as I can fathom out its impossible to do any search that removes the COPY OR REPO as both copies and repo as well as an original have the same words in the listing . . . ie. FA Cup Final

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.ht.....mp;_sop=15

What word could you possibly remove from the search ............NONE................so you get loads of crap mixed in with a few original tickets in
das

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 pm 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
What P****s me off is particularly with tickets , you get literally hundreds of repo or copies listed just as an original is listed , as far as I can fathom out its impossible to do any search that removes the COPY OR REPO as both copies and repo as well as an original have the same words in the listing . . . ie. FA Cup Final

What word could you possibly remove from the search ............NONE................so you get loads of crap mixed in with a few original tickets in

type -repo or -copy in the search and it should exclude any with that word in the title
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm 
Post subject:

das wrote:
roughyedz wrote:

type -repo or -copy in the search and it should exclude any with that word in the title

With respect i think you have that the wrong way round , it will only SHOW ME the listsing's with copy, repo either in the title or in the text and EXCLUDE the REAL TICKETS ..........but I only want the REAL THING .............nobody or very few list anything on E-Bay and describe it as REAL or Original , there are one or two but not many so including that in the search would not show most up as a result Shocked
Karb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:55 am 
Post subject:

No, what das says sounds right. As long as you include the - symbol before the word(s) you want to exclude, without a space between the - and the word, it should work
seand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am 
Post subject:

as per Das and Karb, include a hyphen or minus sign before the word you want to exclude.... essential for keeping your sanity on eBay Thumbs Up
Fishy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 am 
Post subject:

I've always used a comma after the word I want to exclude - just another way I guess......
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 pm 
Post subject:

OK .....I bow to your superior knowledge you guys , Thanks to das , Fishy, seand and Karb. . . . I will try that . . . keeping my fingers crossed ..........you live and learn .. Razz
roughyedz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:36 am 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
OK .....I bow to your superior knowledge you guys , Thanks to das , Fishy, seand and Karb. . . . I will try that . . . keeping my fingers crossed ..........you live and learn .. Razz

Easy well it worked , but i had to put in ; final ticket -copy -replica -repo -repro -reproduction -reprint ......to get rid of most of the crap .........Thanks to all concerned . . . You know who you are .....LOL Bow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: