Football Programmes Centre

Well done FC United.....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Well done FC United.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cantona93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 am 
Post subject: Well done FC United.....

.....finally promoted from the Evo Stick Premier after several of play off near misses in recent years...

I may still collect the memorabilia from Old Trafford but as a follower of football I now much prefer what FC stands for....a fan owned club, properly part of the local community and now with its own ground it should go from strength to strength..can't wait for the opening in a few weeks time!
kstand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

It was a great evening last night, some decent away games to look forward too next season.
docsredarmymufc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Well done FC United.....

Cantona93 wrote:
.....finally promoted from the Evo Stick Premier after several of play off near misses in recent years...

I may still collect the memorabilia from Old Trafford but as a follower of football I now much prefer what FC stands for....a fan owned club, properly part of the local community and now with its own ground it should go from strength to strength..can't wait for the opening in a few weeks time!

Not having a go Cantona and I enjoy your MUFC posts,but every fc fan I speak to says similar "I prefer what fc stand for"
The same fc that took Espn's money for a fa cup tie and switched the kick off for tv?
Also the thing that annoys me is the "not a penny more" brigade and the so called boycotters who are always the first to mither for big Mufc game tickets.
Laughing through the moves era,"paying glazer to watch that rubbish",yet first ones asking for Bayern tickets in the champions league...
The soul is certainly not one,and if fc do make the football league let's see how long they stick to their morals....
bobholl29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Been following the results all season, and what a fabulous 2nd half of the season
Well done to all concerned. Looking forward to the games against Stockport
Cantona93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:01 pm 
Post subject: Re: Well done FC United.....

docsredarmymufc wrote:
Cantona93 wrote:

Not having a go Cantona and I enjoy your MUFC posts,but every fc fan I speak to says similar "I prefer what fc stand for"
The same fc that took Espn's money for a fa cup tie and switched the kick off for tv?
Also the thing that annoys me is the "not a penny more" brigade and the so called boycotters who are always the first to mither for big Mufc game tickets.
Laughing through the moves era,"paying glazer to watch that rubbish",yet first ones asking for Bayern tickets in the champions league...
The soul is certainly not one,and if fc do make the football league let's see how long they stick to their morals....

Given how the club came into existence I can understand why some fans are conflicted though I for one have little desire to go to OT these days. As for the TV money I think both games were home cup ties which did not inconvenience the fans too much and I expect that the revenue helped a lot towards raising the funds for the new ground build.

The club has to engage in some commercial activity to go forward but it is set up as a Community Benefit Society and as such is a not for profit organisation owned by around 4000 members at present.
markb9060

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:40 am 
Post subject:

I think the Glazers need to explain to Manchester United fans why the saw fit to drain the club of over £700 million.

Quite amazing how some football supporters can somehow feel threatened by such a tiny minnow. These lads all have day jobs and have given everything for FC at great personal expense. What an achievement to have won the league against clubs who quite often have well off owners.

At the end of the day even as a fan owned club, we still have to realistically make ends meet so have to move the goal posts a few inches occaionally !

One thing however which is absoloutely chiseled permanently and irroversably in the very sturdy foundations of the club is the 'One person one vote' rule. For example my mate puts in fifty grand to the club but I only pay a quid.....we both still only get one vote.

Anybody who feels the need to question comercial or other decisions made democratically by FC United members should perhaps check out the clubs manefesto which is freely available to read on their website.

Get yourself to that football ground !! Easy
docsredarmymufc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:41 am 
Post subject:

I and other MUFC fans don't feel anything about fc,just because a few members of a MUFC forum decided to break away doesn't mean they are a MUFC club.
Constantly banging on about two clubs one soul-no we are certainly not.
FC use a tedious connection for publicity at every given chance,even down to the use of "get yourself to that football ground"in your post-obviously a line from the Manchester United calypso song.
There has been notable anti MUFC songs heard at fc games this season,not just anti glazer...a line has been drawn now,your eithe rMUFC or fc not both.
They committed the ultimate football sin,walking away from their club,if the glazers would have taken over in a champions league/title winning season do you think the majority of now fc fans would have walked,no way.
Just happened to be 2005 with United at their lowest point for years and what looked like a dominate Chelsea/arsenal race for honours.
Funny how as I said these boycotters are always asking for big game tickets...still at least the lads selling half and half scarves will make a killing if we ever draw you in the cup...
Gonna be funny seeing the likes of mouth piece Andy Walsh "I called on fergie to resign" Very Happy celebrating FC getting a corner against us....
At the end of the day fc fans walked away from MUFC,you cannot get any lower as a football fan then that...
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:20 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
At the end of the day fc fans walked away from MUFC,you cannot get any lower as a football fan then that...

Apart from the Blackburn fans who supported Chelsea and now love Citeh Shocked
markb9060

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm 
Post subject:

docsredarmymufc wrote:
I and other MUFC fans don't feel anything about fc,just because a few members of a MUFC forum decided to break away doesn't mean they are a MUFC club.
Constantly banging on about two clubs one soul-no we are certainly not.
FC use a tedious connection for publicity at every given chance,even down to the use of "get yourself to that football ground"in your post-obviously a line from the Manchester United calypso song.
There has been notable anti MUFC songs heard at fc games this season,not just anti glazer...a line has been drawn now,your eithe rMUFC or fc not both.
They committed the ultimate football sin,walking away from their club,if the glazers would have taken over in a champions league/title winning season do you think the majority of now fc fans would have walked,no way.
Just happened to be 2005 with United at their lowest point for years and what looked like a dominate Chelsea/arsenal race for honours.
Funny how as I said these boycotters are always asking for big game tickets...still at least the lads selling half and half scarves will make a killing if we ever draw you in the cup...
Gonna be funny seeing the likes of mouth piece Andy Walsh "I called on fergie to resign" Very Happy celebrating FC getting a corner against us....

I respect your rights to an opinion.

I support two clubs....FC United of Manchester and Manchester United for two completely different reasons.

I don`t feel the need to have to explain these reasons.

I personally don`t particularly enjoy the anti-Glazer/political songs sung at FC games, because I feel that we have become our own club in our own right now but again I respect the rights of others, like yourself, to have an opinion.

In the new stadium you`ll be able to stand on the terraces, very cheaply, and sing, shout and blow your top to your hearts content.

The more goals scored against you, the louder and longer you`re going make a noise and get behind your team.

I respect the rights of Manchester United supporters to pay for expensive tickets and if you can dine in the International Restaurant, good on you...I`m quite proud that United have some of the best facilities in the world and the fact that during the pre-Glazer period, it was largely down to the fans, great managers, great history, that they became the club they are today generally without a sugar daddy.

What concerns me is the way football in general is moving so not just United but if I pay my £6 per month subscription to MUTV (which I do) or give FC United £700 towards building their own stadium (which I did) I wouldn`t want to live in a world where that would bar me from both clubs !

As the great Paddy Crerand would say..."everyone`s got an opinion haven`t they?"
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:58 pm 
Post subject:

Serious question - do the players have to be (or are preferred to be) - fans of Manchester United?
markb9060

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
Serious question - do the players have to be (or are preferred to be) - fans of Manchester United?

I`m fairly certain that it doesn`t matter which team the players support.

I do know that many young players use FC United as a stepping stone to greater things and equally FC United are happy showcase their talents.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:07 am 
Post subject:

Well done to all concerned, it's been a great 10 year journey for everyone.
A couple of lesser known facts might be that the FC United team are (or were?) involved in the support of the Bhopal Chemical disaster - a much better way for football clubs to give something back, not just to the local community.

Their first season highlights are also in the North West film archive Wink

However in 2006/07 pressure from the MEN editor, Manchester United FC's apparent will to ban all MEN sport reporters and Fergie's paranoia meant the rise through the pyramid was not as well covered as it might have been in the local press. Bizarre attitude that a non league team can threaten the global brand of Manchester United but every penny has to service the interest debts I suppose Crying or Very sad

that said, the guys who do film week in week out do a great job in promoting FC and the way a football club should be run.
If it's good enough for Barcelona, it's good enough for any English team....but then money talks eh!

It's a great model being replicated in Liverpool and other cities.

Ticket prices are only part of the issue but for Hull (and any other lower level rem club) to double prices for away fans of perceived bigger clubs is a joke! I stopped paying to watch United in 1995, I was a fan-shareholder and could make 14-16 games a year and had done since the mid eighties.
Premier league 'brand' plus greedy owners, plus day trippers, plus marketing = prices rise and market forces kick in.
fair enough, but i had the choice to pay £22.50 (those were the days!) to watch a double winning United side but what's changed from the previous season when it was only £13.50? Nothing.

These days, like most fans I work hard and have a choice to spend my cash freely...and it's certainly not going to be on membership schemes, lotteries to even get a sniff of a ticket or join a waiting list.
I save up, take a trip to Munich, Madrid or Milan and watch a great game, have a great weekend and don't feel like I;m getting ripped off.

sorry for the rant but it's FC United giving everyone a chance to enjoy football as it once was, a great day out, affordable and the club / community benefit.
As for the Glazers. I could go to the bank, inflate my salary and borrow £500k to buy a house, pay interest only and know that I'll never own it!
Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: