Football Programmes Centre

Huge Memorabilia auction this weekend
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Huge Memorabilia auction this weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heed Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 am 
Post subject: Huge Memorabilia auction this weekend

Forum members may well be aware of Liam Sweeney and John Alder, the two Newcastle United fans killed on flight MH17 which was shot down over Ukraine as they travelled to watch the Magpies on their pre-season tour of New Zealand. John had missed only one match home or away in over 40 years, and his collection of memorabilia goes to auction this weekend. His family have donated the collection to the Bobby Robson Foundation who will receive all money raised, and there are many items that members may be interested in. Hammer price is the price paid, incidentally.
The vendor is Anderson & Garland and the catalogue is available to view online, but to whet your appetite the following are included:
The 1924 and 1932 FA Cup Finals plus every FA Cup Final from 1947 to date.
League Cup Finals 1967 – 2011
Coronation Cup 1953 programmes
Pecsi Dozsa away in the Fairs Cup 1970
3 different matches from Newcastles 1952 tour to South Africa
Programmes from 1946 on
The Liverpool v Newcastle issue postponed due to Diana’s death
Tickets, books etc
Everything is on display at St James’s Park between 10.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday (Feb 21st) and 10.00am to 12.00 Sunday (Feb 22nd) with the auction taking place on Sunday from 12.00.
I think I’ll pop along just for the chance to see some programmes I would otherwise never stumble across. They’re hoping to raise £25K.
Heed Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:42 am 
Post subject:

Sorry, that should of course be SIR Bobby Robson.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: