Football Programmes Centre

cigarette cards
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
cigarette cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kopthat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am 
Post subject: cigarette cards

hi all
i also have quite a large collection of cards.i have done bit of research but the offers i have had are much less than i believe they should be.i am very busy at moment so cannot look into it as much as i would like.i ordered a murrays catologue,not arrived after a month.if anybody is interested please pm me.i am also looking for a site where i can trade the many spares i have,for the elusive few i need to complete various sets.
thanks,henry
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:27 pm 
Post subject: cards

For the actual buying price of cards - and don't forget it's all dependent on which card / set it is, use Murray's catalogue price, and then 30-40% of that price. Murray's are retail prices, not those usually used between collectors, check out any auction site and you'll see minimum prices of the amount I quote.

John
anorak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 am 
Post subject: Re: cards

Auchinleckian wrote:
For the actual buying price of cards - and don't forget it's all dependent on which card / set it is, use Murray's catalogue price, and then 30-40% of that price. Murray's are retail prices, not those usually used between collectors, check out any auction site and you'll see minimum prices of the amount I quote.

John

Baines cards are the most sought after football cards of all, although they weren't actually cigarette cards. Produced in Bradford (& also Barnsley in later years) between the 1890s and 1920s i've seen them go for silly prices in the past (Newton Heath £80 plus). Been collecting them for years.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: