Football Programmes Centre

New member, Sunderland collector
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New member, Sunderland collector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:16 pm 
Post subject: New member, Sunderland collector

Hi everyone, I joined the forum last week, but haven't introduced myself.

I was a keen programme collector in my teens and early 20s, but sold off most of my collection when I got married.

Now divorced, I'm trying to build my collection back up again. In my younger days I would collect pretty much anything, but nowadays I just focus on Sunderland.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome Karb and please let me know if original press photos are your thing.

cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Pete, and thanks for the welcome. At the moment I'm only interested in programmes, as it's going to cost me enough just to get my collection of those built up. Maybe in years to come, I might branch out a bit, but for now its programmes only.

Graydon
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 pm 
Post subject: Re: New member, Sunderland collector

Karb wrote:

I was a keen programme collector in my teens and early 20s, but sold off most of my collection when I got married.

Now divorced, I'm trying to build my collection back up again. In my younger days I would collect pretty much anything, but nowadays I just focus on Sunderland.

Ditto , well apart from the divorce thing. Sad You'll find many collectors got rid of their collection in theirs late teens/early 20s then start again in the mid life crisis years Laughing Welcome
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:12 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, I think you're dead right there Wullie. I'm the wrong side of 40 now Crying or Very sad
cook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

If you're in the North East, we have quite a few Sunderland home and aways in the programme shop at Alnwick Town. 50p each in the clubhouse, but discount is given for bulk purchases.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm 

Karb wrote:

MMmmmmm sounds like ive heard that story before somewhere ........lol ...... Crying or Very sad

Have you any kind of list ? and if so have you added it on here
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:39 pm 

cook wrote:
If you're in the North East, we have quite a few Sunderland home and aways in the programme shop at Alnwick Town. 50p each in the clubhouse, but discount is given for bulk purchases.

Hi cook, I recognise your username from the Sunderland messageboard. No, I'm not based in the North East any more, I live in Birmingham.

roughyedz wrote:

MMmmmmm sounds like ive heard that story before somewhere ........lol ...... Crying or Very sad

Have you any kind of list ? and if so have you added it on here

To be honest, my collection hasn't really reached the stage where I have a wants list. I started my collection with 80s stuff, just because they were cheapest, then I've worked forwards and backwards from there. I have a few gaps still to fill from the last 10 years, but I'm virtually complete for the period 1970-2005, then there are loads of gaps in the 60s, and earlier.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 pm 
Post subject:

Karb wrote:
Yes, I think you're dead right there Wullie. I'm the wrong side of 40 now Crying or Very sad

Welcome back to this mad world (but not quite as bad as the marriage carry on)

The wrong side of forty is the good old days for me.
treble99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

Where are all the bedroom bandits?

there's a duck here quacking and not a sign of the obligatory "pm sent" x 10

Don't tell me they are embarrased
cook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 pm 
Post subject:

If there's any in particular you're after let me know and I'll check what is at the club.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: