Football Programmes Centre

Replica Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Replica Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:26 am 
Post subject: Replica Programmes

One idea that could if possible be included in the site is a section on replica progs, I know of at least 2 Leicester progs that have been copied and sold as genuine, also the 1966 World Cup Final prog has been re-produced down the years.We could state what the differences are, so people know how to spot them.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm 
Post subject:

If yourself or anyone could send us an article or a few words on the differences between certain replica programmes we would most definately put them up on the main site.

If you can also include photo's and maybe highlight where the differences are that would be an great help.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:56 am 
Post subject:

There is a replica of 07/09/2029 York City v Carlisle United (1p, 8 pages) but I'm not sure when this was printed.

1958/59 Scunthorpe United v Carlisle United was re-printed and included in the 05/05/07 Scunthorpe United v Carlisle United programme.
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:56 am 
Post subject:

last season liverpool fc official magazine gave away the 1965 home and away inter milan programmes. Replica/Reproduced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

Cardiff City v Ipswich Town 25/4/09 (last at Ninian Park) also included a re-production programme from 2003/4 season against West Ham United on 25/10/03.

ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:15 am 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:
Cardiff City v Ipswich Town 25/4/09 (last at Ninian Park) also included a re-production programme from 2003/4 season against West Ham United on 25/10/03.

No disrespect intended but you'd think they'd find a more historic (older!?) game to reproduce than a programme for a game played only 5 years ago wouldn't you!?
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 am 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:

No disrespect intended but you'd think they'd find a more historic (older!?) game to reproduce than a programme for a game played only 5 years ago wouldn't you!?

Agreed. The match I went to against Nottingham Forest in January had a copy of a UEFA cup programme from the 50's stapled into it if I remember right. Surely a reproduction of the first game at Ninian Park would have been more appropriate.
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 pm 
Post subject:

It was a bit of a strange one however, throughout the season every programme has had an additional programme inside, normally stapled inside the programme, starting from 1910 all the way through to 2003

The last programme was 100 pages + so they decided to put it loose inside, the main reason it was west ham was because it was a memorable game on the night 4-3 or something ill have to check.

ToffeeDan wrote:
CarlisleUtdMem wrote:

CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

Was the programme a sell-out? They seem to be very expensive on eBay as usual though I bought mine from Programme Master for £12 including delivery. However when I realised I could get it for £8 including a teamsheet direct from CCFC I cancelled my order!
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

There was 8000 printed for a crowd of 20k, normally we only print 4000, would imagine there will be a few floating around.

This was in the first programme of the season

[/img][/img]

They then finished everyone off after losing 3-0 with the below, which brought a tear to most of the males in the ground lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7rZEKClk4
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

They said it was the last game at Ninian Park but what about the play-offs?
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:03 pm 
Post subject:

we havent got there yet !!....we need a point and have to rely on two teams not winning by more then 2 goals
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Has anyone received their Cardiff-Ipswich programme yet from CCFC? I thought it would have arrived by now (ordered mine last week).
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:50 pm 
Post subject:

they do have a tend to take a while im afriad, well when ive ordered clothes from the website they do...
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

A few Replicas i know about are:

1956/57 FA Cup Hartlepools v Manchester United - Replica has the programme number 2787 to the team page

1950/51 Scunthorpe Utd v Shrewsbury Town First game in the league for both clubs - Replica is printed on glossy paper & was included with a Scunthorpe Home programme in the mid-80's

1950 World Cup Final Programme - Replica has 84 or 104 pages, the Original should have 108-pages

1956/57 WRSC Leeds United v Halifax - Replica has a print errors to the lines at the bottom of the programme & are usually in too good to be true condition.

1921/22 Halifax Town v Darlington (first ever match at the Shay stadium & first Home/away in the Football Div 3 North for both clubs)- Replica has Darlington missing off the top right hand corner of the programme & is printed on poor quality paper, i personally reprinted 10 & put them on ebay for fellow Halifax collectors to enjoy & some idiot sells reprints regulary after buying a copy from me & i feel it will only be a matter of time before somebody tries to pass one off as the original.

1960 European Cup Final - Replica is missing a pattern on the ladys hat to the back page, on the replica the hat is completely black.

1967 European Cup Final - Replica has re-printed 2006 printed to the centre of the back page, this has been known to have been rubbed off & sold as an original.

1968 European Cup Final - Replica has reprint 1997 stated on the inside of the rear cover, again this can be rubbed out without too much trouble

1973 European Cup Final - Variuos reprints of this programme exist, the original programme should measure 16.0 cm x 23.3cm, originals should also have 3 blue dividing dots to the front cover over the Cup, all known reprints are smaller in size & usually are much more glossy than an original, they only have 2 dividing dots to the writing on the cup & in one case no writing at all to the cup.Originals are worth £3000+ as only 50 were printed.

1977 European Cup Final - Reprints measure 17.5cm x 23.4cm, Originals measure 17.8cm x 23.5cm

1978 European Cup Final - Reprint measures 16.7cm x 24.0cm, Originals measure 17.1cm x 24.9cm

1981 European Cup Final - Reprint measures 21cm x 29.7cm, Originals measure 21cm x 29.8cm
surfinjim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:44 pm 
Post subject: BDM reprint

There is a reprint for the Wednesday v Porkers game from 26/12/1979, commonly known as Boxing Day Massacre.

It was produced in 2004 in the Walsall programme to celebrate the 25th anniversary of such a historic event!

<--------original!!!!

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
Streeterpingfellow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

I recently bought a re-print of the England v Rest Of the World game in I think 1963 so that will be knocking about
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

personally i find reprints a worry. Two odd ones i've come across are 1969 League Cup Final Swindon V Arsenal and 1979 FA Cup Final Arsenal v Man Utd. I say that is odd because both programmes are hardly rare and the originals can be bought for a few pound.
Streeterpingfellow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 pm 
Post subject:

The England vs The Rest of The World one was a bit random as well as it can easily be obtained for a pound or two. I quite like a reprint for signing. I sent the re-print in question to get signed. Would love to know if anyone knew of any Pre 1966 World cup programme re=prints
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: