Football Programmes Centre

E-Programme a First for Saints
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
E-Programme a First for Saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject: E-Programme a First for Saints

St. Helens Town have launched an electronic version of their matchday programme.

It is intended the 'e-Programme' will be made available a few days after each home fixture and will be in addition to the full colour printed programme available on match days at Knowsley Road.

Chairman John McKiernan said, 'Apart from the 'glossy' covers the programme is designed, edited and printed completely in-house to keep the costs to a minimum. In a start to the season where home attendances have exceeded expectations with our first three games seeing average gates of 160 it's been difficult to gauge programme numbers.

'At our last home game we sold three times the amount of programmes compared with the total number sold in the previous two visits of Newcastle Town. And we could have sold more.'

'No club wants to miss out on programme sales and more importantly the opportunity to get information to supporters. However, a club cannot afford to over estimate programme numbers and be left with too many spares.

'I regard the 'e-Programme' as an opportunity for fans who miss a game or who follow from a far, sponsors and potential sponsors to keep up-to-date with club news and see the quality of the programme available on match days.'

John added, 'Whilst nothing can compare to the real thing, there's a nice feel to the e-Programme with the ability to flip pages just as you would with a 'printed' programme, with the option to click on the bottom right hand corner of each page. You can also zoom in and out of all the pages.

'The real bonus is that the process of creating the electronic version is free and our 52 pages only took a few minutes. The publication is then available on the internet and there's no need for hosting large files.'

The St. Helens Town v Newcastle Town e-Programme from Tuesday 25 August 2009 is available at the link : Click here
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 am 
Post subject:

Might just be me BC but the link doesn't seem to work.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 am 
Post subject:

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: