Football Programmes Centre

CHELSEA HOMES 1975/6 on Ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CHELSEA HOMES 1975/6 on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 pm 
Post subject: CHELSEA HOMES 1975/6 on Ebay

martino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

Interesting.

Another private listing and the seller has some regular buyers on his feedback.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:58 pm 
Post subject: something out of nothing

4 Pillars to Make Something Out of Nothing Cole Fox LinkedIn

I love marketing Razz

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140511215029-23237116-4-pillars-to-make-something-out-of-nothing
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 am 
Post subject:

Until I made the first bid there was a buy it now price on this of just under £500. I thought I may bid up to a £100 but even that would be really pushing it for tickets from 75/76. However, knowing the silly money Chelsea tickets are going for I thought they may go for something around £200 but £822.99 is well, just unbelievable.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 am 
Post subject:

£822 What a price. Why dont the two idiots get together and do a deal.

I have 2,000 Chelsea programmes in my lock up. I shall be going through them all before I dump them.

Also Peter Bonetti photos go for around the £1,000 mark he lives local to me so i shall take my camera and pap him in our local Costa Coffee. Very Happy Very Happy
treble99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
Until I made the first bid there was a buy it now price on this of just under £500. I thought I may bid up to a £100 but even that would be really pushing it for tickets from 75/76. However, knowing the silly money Chelsea tickets are going for I thought they may go for something around £200 but £822.99 is well, just unbelievable.

Silly of course,is an opinion.
The statement is "more than i was prepared to pay" which is why you didn't get them
It always amuses me when people think that somebody who pays more than they were prepared to pay is an idiot who was run up by another idiot.Why?
What about the people who buy Stanley Matthews medals and Victorian Cup Finals for high prices
Are they idiots or just collecting at a different level

It's not just Manchester United and Chelsea
There are Spurs,England and Cup final collectors to name but 3
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

I never said anyone was an idiot but paying that for 75/76 tickets maybe that would be a fair description. There are people who are now collecting Chelsea tickets that have run out of other things to collect and have thus distorted the market. That is why the seller (whom I would describe as the foremost collector of Chelsea tickets ) and myself to a much, much lesser extent have been listing Chelsea tickets.

Bit silly of you to compare 75/76 tickets to a Matthews medal or a Victorian Cup Final but having read some of your posts in the past it does not surprise me.
treble99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm 
Post subject:

But isn't that the point

You claim to see a distorted market and i see a current market
It isn't that long ago you could buy all the tickets you could carry for a fiver and now its fifty quid each

You see an opportunity to sell expensive
You may be correct but the current prices may well turn out to be cheap in the fullness of time

I didn't compare a Matthews medal to a mid 70's Chelsea ticket.
I compared collecting habits only

The point i was making is that people pay what they want to pay based on their requirement and the depth of their pockets
there is much i see as too high for me etc but i don't come on and say somebody must be daft for paying more than i wanted to.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

I can see people say they are daft in as much as I doubt these tickets are incredibly scarce . They are not bidding on one off items , say an 1890 ticket. But as you say they entitled to pay whatever they want for them. It doesn't put these collectors on a higher level than others , as the others, with patience will pick up the same items over time for far less.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: