Football Programmes Centre

underpaid postage
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
underpaid postage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:14 pm 
Post subject: underpaid postage

this is getting beyond a joke. Three dealers have now sent programmes without correct postage . Which means a trip to the "local" ? delivery office to collect them. It's become a nightmare. It's been two years since Royal Mail changed it's pricing policy, why can't dealers get it right?
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Whenever I'm posting out programmes, I always take them to my local post office, who do the weighing and sizing - that way there's no way I can get the blame if ever an item is underpaid.
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 pm 
Post subject:

Ive invested in some digital scales.

If im a buyer and the seller sends a package short post then I expect a part refund, therefore I would expect the same when Im the seller. Therefore the scales will pay for themselves if it only saves me two short postage costs.

If the weight is within 10g of the nest postage cost then I just purchase that

Having weighed it I then take it to the post office and check with the scales at the post office.

So, no, its not a difficult thing and I feel you have every right to be upset if you have to pay excess postage. However, dont you think its a bit petty to have to pay £1.01 for something thats 1p short?

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: