Football Programmes Centre

New members?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New members?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am 
Post subject: New members?

Can site admin tell us how many new members the site has attracted in 2014?

Also a comparison with previous years would be useful.

My gut feel is that new members are being put off by the "hostile" minority. If things do not improve then this site will fizzle out.
99% of members and their posts are fine but it has been dragged way down by the other 1%.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:23 pm 
Post subject:

I think we should welcome all new collectors who want to share their hobby, with experiences and photos of their collection.
There is a difference I feel from the guy who thinks we are all a bunch of nerdy anoraks , but his granny has died and left some old stuff and he is fishing for prices. Then gets rude when he finds his "valuable " find is worthless.
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

A lot of members dont like posting and if they do they are usually one post wonders. I didnt post for 3 months when DevonShrek wanted me banned and the amount of posts in that period actually dropped.
The Wolf forum had 3,000 members join one year and there were only 35 posted regular posters. 2,500 approx didnt post at all they just like to read them. Its like a Karoke Club some people get up and sing and others shy away.

The recent posts needs stretching out as people cannot be rsed trawling through old posts and we need a way to stop spammers.
I woke up the other morning and all the recent posts were from spammers.

On the Football club Mad forums West Bromwich Albion is one of the busiest
The most popular one is Cambridge United which is always busy perhaps we need a NO HOLDS BARRED SECTION and the sensitive little souls can avoid it.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=550
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

Here are the stats for new members since the forum began Bazz.

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 78 23
2009 18 15 10 32 47 49 49 48 32 44 51 25
2010 39 52 29 34 39 38 40 30 27 37 57 48
2011 70 60 34 40 62 91 65 58 66 73 49 46
2012 62 68 48 64 53 28 20 34 36 36 20 36
2013 53 54 116 71 71 70 131 66 50 68 61 40
2014 59 56 62 54 43 43 32 49 52 60 46

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry about the formatting there,

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: New members?

martino wrote:

My gut feel is that new members are being put off by the "hostile" minority. If things do not improve then this site will fizzle out.
99% of members and their posts are fine but it has been dragged way down by the other 1%.

who are those 1%? care to name them in your opinion?.

on a different note-there maybe a lot of members who "sleep" or hibernate on this forum, but are not too many who actually start many posts about collecting in general and when there are posts invariably the same folks continually contribute back-great lack of support from the majority, it is the 80-20% rule, with 80% comments/posts/feedback originating from 20%[or less] of the membership i would not think it is that different on other sites or am i incorrect?. Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

Im 99% behind you Les.
The majority of posters have nothing to say, and when they do its members pushing there £1 Ebay programme, or has anyone got Rochdale v Torquay from 1987.
If a topic is interesting members will reply and help out. If its not it will be ignored or ridiculed.
martino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:11 pm 

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
martino wrote:

who are those 1%? care to name them in your opinion?.

on a different note-there maybe a lot of members who "sleep" or hibernate on this forum, but are not too many who actually start many posts about collecting in general and when there are posts invariably the same folks continually contribute back-great lack of support from the majority, it is the 80-20% rule, with 80% comments/posts/feedback originating from 20%[or less] of the membership i would not think it is that different on other sites or am i incorrect?. Wave

Sorry I do not use any other forums so I can only form MY opinion based on what I see and read on FPC.

As to the 1% there have been posts from other members which have highlighted personal attacks, abuse and unnecessary bad language from members. I am sure you will have read these yourself.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:52 pm 

martino wrote:

craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

martino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:38 am 
Post subject:

Craig / Pastpirate - Many thanks for posting the site statistics. Contrary to my impression, the website continues to attract signed up members, which I am pleased to see.

That leads to the question - why, if they go to the trouble of signing up as members, are they not taking an active part? Perhaps some have opened a mini store or signed up to post their wants and offer wants to members. Surely, if all they want to do is follow the forum, they could do this as guests, as many others do?

Thanks also to Bazza for relating his experience with another forum where only a small core of signed up members take an active part.

To my simple mind I would have thought that taking the effort to sign up implies a wish to take an active part on a site but obviously not.
Stew1881

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 am 
Post subject:

Hi guys , have always wanted. To take a more active part in the forum , guess as a collector only seriously for the past 6 years or so I find often that there is not much I can add unless a query pops up regarding the O's . What I do love is reading the posts from all of you collectors an dealers who have been in the hobby for years . The old stories about past dealers and programme huts at grounds . I remember our hut at Brisbane road alas back then I didn't really have an interest as a young lad.

Will be meaning to take more part in 2015

Merry Christmas one and all

stew
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:20 am 
Post subject:

Stew1881 wrote:
there is not much I can add unless a query pops up regarding the O's .

Well, here's one you might be able to help me with, Stew.

Any idea why 62/3 Hull v L/Orient (FAC) is so difficult to find a copy of?

I read a (probably apocryphal) story that it was so cold that night on the terracing that all the spare programmes were used to light a fire to keep the fans warm!

Even in those less than stringent H&S days, I can't see that happening though...
Stew1881

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:25 am 
Post subject:

Hi Derby, I'm really not sure unless it's an infamous reprint I've got a copy . I did read that on the forum before about the bonfire story which has made me look at the said programme a bit more suspiciously! I'll try and get a picture up of it see what the general thoughts are . It feels and smells ok! 😀
nozer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:06 pm 
Post subject: Hull prog,

Dreadful winter i remember it well.

Was this not one of the most cancelled F.A.Cup fixtures back in the day.

May be the printers just gave up on this one after several "Re-Prints ?, probabley not viable even then to keep on printing.
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

Hello Stew, another Orient question for you, if I may. Why is the Orient v Newcastle League Cup programme from the early 60s so hard to find. I thought I had got hold of it once, but it turned out to be a very old reprint...which I had to send back to seller (must have been one of the first ever reprints, seemed to have been done on an old Xerox type machine)
Stew1881

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 pm 
Post subject:

looking at the copy of Hull v Orient 62/63 I have im doubting more that its an original , just looks that bit too clean!

will continue to try and upload a picture
Stew1881

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Overlap

This is one which took me a while to get , along with the home games that season v Charlton and Chester in the LC

it hasn't popped up on Ebay to my knowledge for a while but when it does usually goes for around the £8 - £10 mark .

wasn't aware of any copies of this one hopefully just a one off someone way back when ran off for someone?
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

thanks very much for that, will keep me eyes peeled on Ebay for it
Stew1881

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

No problem mate , I think I did see it on D.G.Taylors catalogue not so long ago might be worth having a look there.

cheers Stew
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: