Football Programmes Centre

Half Time report. Predictor League 2014-5
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Half Time report. Predictor League 2014-5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2014-15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:12 pm 
Post subject: Half Time report. Predictor League 2014-5

For all sense and purposes we've reached the half way stage in the Predictor's League season. Its time to take stock, who's cooking with napalm and who isn't.

The Northern Conference

1st: Rockyboro 37 pts
Boro on top, now there's a phrase you don't hear very often. Well deserved top spot with a colossel 145 pts scored.

2nd: gkb 36 pts
Reigning Champion gkb is maintaing the form which made him grand champion last season. This season's top scorer with 146 pts

3rd: kcs 31 pts
The wheels are beginning to slowly roll in the right direction. Well respected opponent despite his allegiances to those that shall not be mentioned.

4th: Derby1884 24 pts
An inconsistant start to the year, currently in the play-offs but with a number of teams breathing down their neck.

5th: Sharrowblade 23 pts
Oh dear, more problems than usual. lacks a cutting edge.

6th: Paul1873 23 pts

Good solid start by the newcomers, less defeats than some above but no bonus points means he's just inside the play offs currently

7th: Wrexham 23 pts
Southern Conference transfer this season, they've come to play with the big boys. Expected to be in the mix come springtime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th: NeilP 22 pts
Scottish raiders NeilP are more than holding their own with their English brethren. Scoring well, but not always getting the results they deserve.

9th: Burnley Collector: 22 pts.
erratic to say the least. Position undermined by some howlers of performances but capable of beating anyone on their day.

10th: Ruudvandriver: 21 pts
Major disappointment so far and yet sits just 2 points from the play-offs. dangerous opponents, look for a late push for the play-offs.

11th: Mattybatty: 19 pts
Struggling a little but close enough to the play-offs to know one great performance could catapult them into the play-off picture.

12th: Bisphamseasider: 18 pts
Doesn't tell the full picture, been involved in some relatively high scoring games, but just doesn't seem to win any of them
Laughing Good points scoring and still in with a big chance.

13th: Barrett: 17 pts
Just hasn't come together yet for past champion's Barrett. The Toffeemen have come unstuck on a number of occassions against high scoring teams, wheas other opponents would have soundly been beaten. Lady Luck has vanished

14th: Robbo: 10 pts
The housewives choice Robbo began brightly but have now descended into a spiral of despair and found their rightful position at the foot of the table. My youngest is always asking where's Robbo. I say 'you mean where's Wally'. He says is there any difference!! Laughing. Down but not out yet. come on Robbo

THE SOUTHERN CONFERENCE

1st: Superajm 36 pts.
Please don't adjust your sets, yes, Superajm are top. repeat Superajm are top. Great start to the season, has culminated the overhauling of long term leaders Kenners46.

2nd: Kenners46 35 pts
Are the wheels coming off the Kenners bandwagon. Was purring in top gear but now seems to have got gearbox problems. Still sitting pretty tho

3rd: gfcPaul 29 pts
Highly respected opponent and should be in the Play off mix come the end of the season.

4th: pafcprogs 28 pts
Flying the flag for somewhere down south where they talk a bit funny, and doing themselves proud. Pafcprogs are showing steady form. Could be this year's dark horses.

5th: Saintclarkie 27 pts
The Saints keep marching on, how they are fifth I've not got a scooby.
Can they push on to the play-offs.

6th: Coolascustard 27 pts
Been in and out of the play off position more times than one could imagine. Can they hang on, only time will tell.

7th: DannyRoberts 26 pts
The South's top scorer with 141 pts and yet somehow can only just squeeze into the last play-off position on goal difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th: FlackwellLad 26 pts
Couldn't buy a win at the start of the season bt is now one of the competitions form teams. Their Perseverence has paid off.

9th: Greatbarrwolf 25 pts
The Wolf is at the door, but unlike last season he's scratching around the back door. The season hasn't quite got the bite yet, but they'll be hungry for success.

10th: jjprogrammes 24 pts
Will be slightly disappointed so far but they sit just 2 points from the promised land. Right in the melting pot.

11th: Londonlilywhite 23 pts
Another side enjoying mixed fortunes, not a million miles away from creating a play-off surge.

12th: fcdbafc 22 pts.
Not too shabby at all with a 7-1-7 record and can't be discounted on this their first assault on the prediction league

13th: Pastpirate 22 pts.
Another legend whose season has let to ignite again with a 7-1-7 record. Sits just 7 points away from third place.

14th: Atletico 18 pts
Desperately disappointing season so far, much needed win last week keeps them in touching distance.

15th: Shotsman 18 pts
After a good start, has suffered recently, a Tour to Egypt has done them no favours at all.

16th: sellsell39 18 pts
Fame is a fickle mistress, the line between success and failure a thin fragile one. Can Sellsell re-organize, and muster a second half campaign like the great Russian manager Zhukov or will it be more like Germany's Von Paulus destined to end in abject surrender.

Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

Last edited by sharrowblade on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
robbo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that matey Very Happy

I look on the bright side, i may well be 14th in the Northern Conference, but if i were in the South Conference i`d be 16th, so that`s a 2 place leap wi`out trying... onward and upward, and do you have any addresses of these housewifes!
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am 
Post subject: Re: Half Time report. Predictor League 2014-5

4th: Derby1884 24 pts
An inconsistant start to the year, currently in the play-offs but with a number of teams breathing down his neck./quote]

Fair comment - that makes me the Kansas City Chiefs!
Superajm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

It'll never last!
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2014-15 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: