Football Programmes Centre

Coffer badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coffer badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Edholm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 pm 
Post subject: Coffer badges

I am new to badge collecting since the summer, from the little I know coffer seems like the best maker of badges .

I wanted to get a collection of the football league (92) badges made by coffer.

Does anybody know whether coffer actually made badges for all the teams currently in the football league now?

Rough numbers on how many current clubs would have a badge made for them by coffer, would be appreciated.

Some clubs I presume were formed after coffer stopped producing badges.

Thank you for any help
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

An interesting point arises from your enquiry in that Coffer apparently didn't actually make their own badges but contracted other badge makers to produce them and then stamped them as their own.

Have a look at this site

http://www.footybadges.co.uk/Football_badge_makers

Whether they actually did make them or not dosen't really matter as there are lots of different designs with their name on.

In trying to get a collection of the current 92 perhaps you could look at the badges produced by REV Gomm depicting a football in the middle and the name and nickname of the club around the outside?

I am not sure how many of the current 92 are covered though with the introduction of so many new clubs in recent years.

Courtesy of this site

https://www.facebook.com/439557312764047/photos/a.439716336081478.101702.439557312764047/441139949272450/?type=1&theater

There are plenty of badge experts on here who will no doubt assist you whatever manufacturer or design you plan to collect.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

Have a look at this facebook page

60s/70s/80s football badges

https://www.facebook.com/pages/60s-70s-and-80s-UK-Football-Club-Badges/439557312764047

...some fab badges and great collecting inspiration. So much colour and great vivid designs!
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:44 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Have a look at this facebook page

60s/70s/80s football badges

https://www.facebook.com/pages/60s-70s-and-80s-UK-Football-Club-Badges/439557312764047

...some fab badges and great collecting inspiration. So much colour and great vivid designs!

I'm not a badge person, but that Facebook page is fascinating.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 pm 
Post subject:

If you spent about 5+ years addicted to ebay and untold £££'s you too could accumulate most of those badges on there. Trouble is you would be bidding not only against the collectors of that club, but also a few collectors of those old badge styles (like the facebook guy who did the page itself)
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: